sonar1234 is offline Banned

Wink Doc Sust (The benefits of walking)

Hey Doc, well i payed for the running 2 days after damn it, guess i was not ready yet GRRRR.

My girlfriend gave me a little gadget for Xmas that also came with a training program, she gave me a pedometer, it comes with calorie burning, number of steps of course and miles, it also has the time.

I cant get enought of that gadget LOL, i am hooked.

The little book has a walking program that gives some tricks on how to achieve 10000 steps a day, and why joggin might not be a good idea.

Walking is filled with benefits behond belief and you where right it helps with back pain, posture (of course i still wear my posture gear i bought) and its helping a lot.

So far so good since its the holidays i can take long walks, i did 14000 yesteday and 15000 today.

I will have to use the tricks when i start working again but for weightloss, it says to walk at least 12000 steps a day.

I once add another program done for me called BIOTONIX and i now combine it with losebackpain program i have now.

I feel that the losethebackpain might not be complete and of course i have extra work to do.

Well lets hope that by this summer i will be rid of pain.

Forgot to mention that me and my girlfriend are following some heatly eating right now, my girlfriend has read a book i bought concerning cancer and the foods that where studied that help at least minimize the chance of developing it.

Book is loaded with veggies low glycemic and more stuff. So the diet is going fine too.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    tell every one here about the new tricks that you are using to achieve those 15000 steps, any advice would be appreciated. also the low glycemic diet is great and it is so much easie when your girl is doing it to, my girkl eats everything and i eat nothing she does, so this is difficult for us to choose places to eat or meals to cook, it makes a big difference
    Last edited by Doc.Sust; 12-28-2005 at 12:02 PM.

Be very glad to share theses tricks with you guys.

First off i am a bit of an extremist, meaning that when i do something i tend to burn myself.

I found out that walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes going no where is just not for me, i was amazed that i only add 4000 steps after all this effort.

My trick doc is very simple i just hook the thing up on myself has soon has i get up in the morning, you would be quit surprised of how many steps you can do walking in your house alone, if i sit down or do other stuff i just open the device and it just stops counting steps.

I love to walk outside, so i go for an hour long walk wish usually gets me up to around 8000-10000 steps, the rest is very simple say i go to the super market or video store, hey theses are extra steps you take can bring you up to an easy 1000 steps more.

Walking in the house getting up, doing your basic stuff, has vaccuming, cleaning and more can jack up your steps to another 500-1000 steps.

This little device is very cheap to buy cost below 20$ and you get a little book with it that tells the benefits of walking compared to running which has a lot of impact they say 3-4 times your bodyweight when joggin and can go up to 7 times your bodyweight when running, so a 200 pound person get the impact of 1400 pounds each step he runs, no wonder my back never really got better, has soon has i felt better i would start running even worst i weighted sometimes 212 pounds.

Doc once again you where on to something great with that whole walking theory, works great and i would say to bring it outside where you can get some fresh air.

Treadmill is just not for me i guess.

Also i get really sore when i train my back with weights so i might start just doing the elastics and other streches.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    walking does me good, i hate running, ihave been using the treadmill in my office, i hate it so much, but it is cold outside. i do multiple 10 minute intervals btwn my patient visits, or while i have my patients using some of the mchines or pain modalities. i usualy end up with close to an hour a day. i am still trying to drop weight to make a lighter weight class, still with a good diet and all the cardio, the last ten pounds are a bitch and taking forever!

Hi know for the cold weather, its cold has hell over here too, thats where i put on more clothes, for the weightloss we are the same, i am cought between 190-195 right now, but has i once told you we are not 20 anymore and its a bit harder to lose weight.

I have been doing the exercices everyday for my back but i still have pain spasms in the mid back and right lower back pain in the muscle, i really hope i will not be like this for the rest of my life.

I am starting work next week so i guess i will have to find new tricks to keep up with that 10000 steps a day, it sure is not easy to get that damn number.

Thread Information