Thread: Proactive

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet

Proactive

Just wanted to share my experience with Proactive. I saw it advertised on TV and as with every tv product I figured it was a scam.

When I was over in the Middle East I met a few girls that were using it and SWORE by it. I never have problems with my skin and after being there for a few weeks with all the dust, humidity, sweating, etc...I had a few breakouts. Some of these girls indicated their skin was really bad till they tried the Proactive.

When I got home I ordered it for my daughter who has been fighting acne for a while now. Bad! Within DAYS her face started looking better and her skin is now clear and smooth.

My son got here on Friday and his face was also a mess. His father got him Retin A and Tetrecyline wipes...not really working. After using Proactive for a few days.....you can already see a difference.

Anyway, I know some of you struggle with the acne thing...for various reasons so I thought I would share.

Peace...
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    i think im gonna try that, my face isnt that bad, but hell if it will clear it up 100% why not..

i think when i gear up, proactiv and accutane will be line of defense againest acne

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    I am a proactive addict!!! The stuff is amazing and it is the only thing that works for me. Some people don't respond good to it, but almost eveyone I know swears by it like me. Only downside is there cuctomer service, sucks, so look for it at a local store, you could find it cheaper also.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yup, I have been using it for awhile, not really any problems

FIVE_8 is offline Banned
    I have been using pro cative for years now (i think 3-4+)...anyways I just bought their bodywash/ clensing pads, and lotion for when im on cycle...works like a charm...proactive+tanning=no acne for me

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    Love It!!!! Use It!!!!! Swear By It!!!!
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Is it expensive? What kind of products do they have, pads, cream, ect??

lindseyls1 is offline Female Member
    Proactive works because it makes people treat thier skin correctly... You cant use grocery store cleansers and lotions and expect to get good results. Just cleansing your face is not good enough, and the cleansers with "scrubbers" actually worsen acne not make it better. Getting facials regularly will also help out alot for people with acne problems, and make sure you change your pillow cases and sheets regularly too!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    facials are so expensive though!!

proactiv is about, $40 for the kit, i wonder how long that lasts.....

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I've been using it for about 4 years now...It does a great job of just keeping your skin more healthy overall. However I still get some small breakouts here and there. Id say Im much worse off without it though. Its definately worth the money.

Disciple is offline Junior Member
    I used it before going on accutane. So obviously it didnt do much for me. But then again i had severe acne. I wish i didnt wait so long to start the accutane b/c maybe i wouldnt have so many scars from all th pimples i popped.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    I been using it since i was about 17.. 19 now.. great product.. a kit usually last a month if you use it everyday.. i found that it dried my face out a lil bit to much so i used it one day on one day off.. lasted a lil over a month about 2 months, and on my off day i used a unsceneted netrogena soap bar with moisturizer.. to keep my face nice and smooth... its really the scented products and the heavy alchol products like oxy that actully make your face break out... if your acne is bad i highly recomend check this stuff out, great deal!

brewerpi is offline Associate Member

gave some to an employee

I have this 19 year old girl who comes over to my house on Sundays and prepares a weeks worth of meals (she is a student at a culinary institute)
    When I asked what she wanted for Christmas, she said Proactiv. I got it for her and already there is a noticable difference. I'm normaly skeptical of things that are advertised via infomercial, but this stuff seems good.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brewerpi
    I have this 19 year old girl who comes over to my house on Sundays and prepares a weeks worth of meals (she is a student at a culinary institute)
    When I asked what she wanted for Christmas, she said Proactiv. I got it for her and already there is a noticable difference. I'm normaly skeptical of things that are advertised via infomercial, but this stuff seems good.
    have someone prepare your meals? how much does that run you? great idea

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    i am no genius but make sure you research more than one thread before you decide to buy the stuff, proactiv dumps LOADS of money on advertising and YOU pay for it, if thier product is as good as the commercials say why must they waste so much money brainwashing consumers to but it?? Also main active ingredient i believe is benzoyl peroxide which is manufactured dirt cheap in labs, but ive contemplated the proactiv thing for so long im about to just buy some so i can see what all the hype is about.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I posted about it because it WORKED for both my kids. I've been on this board a LONG time, I am a mother of TWO TEENAGERs.....and I don't post bullchit that I don't know anything about.

Thanks for your input...it really wasn't necessary. Let me ask you this. They advertise the HELL out of cars and other products....are you telling me that you won't buy that new car because they spent a lot of money advertising?

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    i am no genius but make sure you research more than one thread before you decide to buy the stuff, proactiv dumps LOADS of money on advertising and YOU pay for it, if thier product is as good as the commercials say why must they waste so much money brainwashing consumers to but it?? Also main active ingredient i believe is benzoyl peroxide which is manufactured dirt cheap in labs, but ive contemplated the proactiv thing for so long im about to just buy some so i can see what all the hype is about.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    I posted about it because it WORKED for both my kids. I've been on this board a LONG time, I am a mother of TWO TEENAGERs.....and I don't post bullchit that I don't know anything about.

Thanks for your input...it really wasn't necessary. Let me ask you this. They advertise the HELL out of cars and other products....are you telling me that you won't buy that new car because they spent a lot of money advertising?
    thats wonderful, i never said u post shit you dont know anything about... unless of course you dont know what you are talking about which could be the only rational reason you responded with such an edge of hostility. and since your a "mother of two teenagers" im have absolutely no doubt that validates you as the overall determining factor of why everyone who reads your thread should go blow 50 bucks on some overated acne ointment. and for your intelligent little car metaphor, you seem like a natural born manipulator, where-in-the-hell did i say i wont buy a new car cause they spent a lot of money advertising it?? stop attaching all this extra meaning to what i said, all i did was attempt to bring the thread back to neutral grounds and you took it as a "omg he told me i dont know what im talkn about omg omg and all hes really tryn to do is bring another perspective to an issue and instead of respecting it i have to let him know his inputs not welcome, well thanx i appreciate it, ill be sure to stay away from your threads in the future.
    and im curious did anyone else feel offended cuz i recommended you do further research on something before buying it?? if so i deeply apologize for trying to help you save your money.. seriously.

hardgainer1 is offline Senior Member
    i had a bad post cycle breakout on my right shoulder, I jsut started proactive on it, we shall see what happens

Ubiquitous is offline New Member
    Yea, not sure about all of the hostility above looks like the mg's might be a little high in the room.

My wife used it and loved it, the only problem is SHE DIDN'T NEED IT! Here's where the problem comes in; she liked it because the one zit a month that she typically got went away faster, so she bought 3 sets of it (cycles/stacks?) anyway things went fine until she STOPPED using, then she started breaking out because she went back to her Nutrogena or whatnot.

I guess my point is by all means use it if you need it because it does work great for everyone I have known that used it but, don't use unless you have the need.

Slowhand is offline Associate Member
    ive used it... itworks good for the face, but when it comes to body acne...it doesnt do jack

Thread Information