chinups Guest

Does anyone on here have epstein bar?

My girlfriend has been diagnosed with epstein bar and I wanted to try and research this as much as possible so where else then AR. Just thought I would make a post to see if anyone has anything they could add to this.

The Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), also called Human herpesvirus 4 (HHV-4), is a virus of the herpes family (which includes Herpes simplex virus and Cytomegalovirus), and one of the most common viruses in humans. Most people become infected at one point with EBV, which is often harmless. It is named after M.A. Epstein and Y.M. Barr, who, along with B.G. Achong, discovered the virus in 1964.

My girlfriend eats healthy. Tons of Fruits and Veggies for energy. She takes alot of b complexes and a multi. She also juices and now not steroids .

Thanks

bigbadwolf77 is offline Junior Member
    i have it, no cure sucks , i jucie , after im off i feel like shitttt
    lifes a bitch then ya die

i got it in 6th grade, they told me it was like mono or something...yea it took me 2 weeks to get better and it feels like it sucks the life out of you, it took me months to feel somewhat normal again (energy wise, etc)

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I was told that I have it about 10 years ago. I thought I was losing my mind. I felt slowed down and forgetful. I couldn't participate in sports without feeling disoriented and tired. I was told I had EBV. I started researching it and found that 90% of the population would test positive for it even if they didn't have the symptoms. So it's a syndrome that doesn't really correspond to anything you can find under a microscope in a dish. That's why it's not respected by many docs.

chinups Guest
    So what does my girl do??

I have her eating healthy taking vitamins and working out
    Thats all she can do right?

goose is offline Banned
    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

Some good information.

goose4..

doghunter is offline Member
    how is it in the herpes virus family from what im reading here its nothing like it i wonder why they say its in the herpes family and is there no cure for this like the herpes virus i think i read that in one of ur post , where dose it come from one day your body just developes this , is that right?

Ruger is offline New Member
    Yeah, like the one guy above said... The Epstein-bar virus is what causes Mono. With Mono, I had 104 fever for like two weeks and was tired as crap. Took a month and a half to be normal again.

chinups Guest
    My GF has been eating clean and working out with me for over 2 months now, not only does she look awesome but she is feeling great.

Thread Information