Lil D is offline Junior Member

Hair removal called sugaring

Has any heard of sugaring for hair removal? If so how was the experince and how will did it work?

skid is offline Banned
    damn - two wax questions in one day?

"cold wax" products are essentially sugaring (Sally Hensen makes a pretty good product) - it's kinda like thick corn syrup

I've never used hot wax, so I don't know how it compares, but I HAVE used cold wax on coarse hair and it works just fine

like I told frankm7, if you've never done it before, be prepared - it can be QUITE PAINFUL the first few times, but you get used to it

Thanks to both of you

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a sugaring recipie at
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/natural_beauty
    near the bottom of the page. I tried something similar a year or so ago . . . melted 5 lbs sugar with a few teaspoons of lemon juice in a glass saucepan. It's kinda tricky to get the consistancy just right, but when you do, you'll have a lifetime supply to use.
    Probably wouldn't want to use a hot wax process all over your bod unless you're rather masochistic. Sticks to the skin and pulls a layer or two off . . . left me with a scab one time. Ugh.
    Anyway, I understand that if you keep using either product over an extended time, when your hair grows back it will be thinner and thinner, until eventually you won't have to worry about it any longer.

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Tock
    Anyway, I understand that if you keep using either product over an extended time, when your hair grows back it will be thinner and thinner, until eventually you won't have to worry about it any longer.
    I really wish that were true, but I've been "waxing" for years, and the hair hasn't changed ... maybe for some, but not for me - I think lazer is the only permanent solution

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep same deal as wax, i did find sugar bit easier on my skin

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    I used Nads cold wax on my back...it hurt like hell and I bled like someone jabbed me a thousand times in my back with an ice pick...I had to stop, I couldn't take the pain anymore!! It was 10x worse than any sunburn I have ever had!!

Thanks for all the info

Thread Information