5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member

Angry Ingrown Hairs and Razor Burn

Thought I would get everyones input on this. I am real prone to getting ingrown hairs on my chest and pubes when I shave. Its starting to get me pissed off more than anything cause they kinda leave red bumps for weeks and they seem to always reappear everytime I shave. Only way I have been able to sort of cover them up is by staying tan and make it less noticable. I usually shave with a mach 3 and good shaving gel. My question is does anyone else have this problem, and are there any solutions? I usually shave once a week... Any input would be greatly apperciated ...

Darko is offline New Member
    Ok a couple tips, first off I don't shave my chest or pubes for that exact reason, but do shave my arms and legs. What I do for my chest and pubes is use electric clippers of a beard trimmer and get the hair as short as possible. It does the trick and no ingrowns. My personal feeling is to ditch the mach 3, fist i thinks its terrible for ingrowns and next the blades dull too quick. Believe it or not I use a venus (yes I know, suck up the pride and get it, no ingrowns with it for me, and the blades last longer). As far as the shaving gel goes don't use the same stuff you would use on your face, get some woman's shave cream or gel, it is much better for the body IMHO.

If you are set on shaving the chest and pubes though you may want to consider shaving with the way your hair grows, as opposed to against it, so most likely shaving down your chest instead of up. As far as the pubes go using some baby powdr or gold bond might reduce the redness and itching, cause when that shit itches its a bitch for sure

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I shave my chest, although I don't get ingrowns. Try using Isopropyl Alcohol instead of after-shave. Or if you aren't even using any after-shave at all, get some. It'll sting a little, but keeps the ingrowns out. Also, don't shave right before you go sweat it up somewhere. Maybe the shower before you go to bed or some time when you're not going to be active shortly afterwards.

And Skintimate shaving gel works wonders. I used that once. It's for women, but no wonder they get such a close shave. As for me, I just use soap while I'm in the shower. It's good enough lubrication for my chest and arms.

As for my down-under friends, I'm with Darko, I use hair clippers (Wahl's from Wal-Mart) and use no guard.

Originally posted by KeyMastur
    And Skintimate shaving gel works wonders. I used that once. It's for women, but no wonder they get such a close shave. As for me, I just use soap while I'm in the shower. It's good enough lubrication for my chest and arms.

As for my down-under friends, I'm with Darko, I use hair clippers (Wahl's from Wal-Mart) and use no guard.
    Thats how I use the clipper two, maybe every two weeks or so, keep everything nice and short, and that skinimate stuff is what i use too, i have been shaving my legs now four close to 5 or 6 years and i have yet to find a better combination than the skintimate gel and a venus razor.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    I still get my fair share of ingrowns does matter wax/sugar/shave/nair, few things that help, when you shower use a loufa (sp) use good lotion after you shower. Seems to be wrose when on.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bros that really helps .. Do you guys use the skinimate - venus combo on your face as well ?? Also whats a good lotion to use after you shower?? Just curious .. Thanks again everyone ..

no i just use normal gel or shave cream on my face with a dispossable

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    wax it. i dont know if you will have ingrown hairs or not, but at least you won't have to mess with it for a few weeks.

try waxing if you want tons of red marks and some ingrown and some serious pain as well.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Lotion doesn't matter anything really, Keri lotions is good, but usually use whatever is one sale at time.

Thread Information