Thread: Help me wax!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Help me wax!

I bought this "cold wax", followed the directions, and nothing happened. I warmed the wax up, applied it with that popsicle stick, put the paper on top or the wax, waited 30min, then pulled the paper off. The wax and hair was left behind. The wax has a consistancy like hunny.

Did I do something wrong? I hate having to pluck my eyebrows all the time!

lasyone1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfiler
    I bought this "cold wax", followed the directions, and nothing happened. I warmed the wax up, applied it with that popsicle stick, put the paper on top or the wax, waited 30min, then pulled the paper off. The wax and hair was left behind. The wax has a consistancy like hunny.

Did I do something wrong? I hate having to pluck my eyebrows all the time!
    I get the hot wax and warmer, it hurts like hell but works.
    If your only doing your eyebrows then get it professionaly done, but if your going to do the rest of your body then spend the money and get the real thing. It hurts but you get use to it. I think the cold wax is crap.
    With the hot wax the hair and wax dry to the paper, so when you pull it all comes off. Its not going to get all your hair with one pull, it might take many, thats why it hurts so bad...the repeattion
    good luck

skid is offline Banned
    Actually I have great results with cold wax - I highly recommend the Sally Hanson (Henson?) product.

Read the directions again: if it truly is COLD wax, you're not supposed to heat it!!!!

Cold wax is basically a thick sugar syrup. It needs to stay goopy and sticky to hold onto the hair AND the paper. By warming it, you break down it's gripping ability.

Depending on the area, you may not get it all with the first rip. Yes, it will hurt. Just reapply and try again. And I agree with lasyone that eyebrows are something best left to the professionals.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to the spa. I hate paying money to hang out with old women and read cosmo, but I guess we all make sacrifices for beauty.

hybrid is offline Member
    why don't you just shave?

NissanRider240 is offline Junior Member
    I like using Nad's. It kinda hurts going on but it got nearly all my hairs out. Just gotta make sure the wax is real thick so it can stick to the cloth. If u heat it then it wont work for ya.

I heard all the hype about waxing and was prepared to scream like a little girl. I had my friend come over and yank them strips off with authority and it didnt hurt too bad. Not exactly looking foreward to doing it again tho.

Thread Information