Magnum357 is offline Junior Member

Propecia Hairloss And Dht !!

Since propecia inhibits conversion of test to dht and the fact that DHT is approximately four times MORE potent than test, and the gains we make from using AAS are a result of these high level of DHT it would be prudent to conclude that propecia would prevent or reduce gains while using AAS.
    I must admit this is just a theory, but I CAN say from experience that I used HIGH dosages of Saw Palmetto in lieu of propecia to inhibit conversion to DHT and my gains on DBOL were severely reduced. Therefore I would assume that same to happen with the Propecia.

I welcome any of your thoughts or comments.....

BUMP

Thiago is offline New Member
    I do not believe this, I believe that the testosterone is more potent than DHT and is responsible for the majority of your gains. This subject is very debated Brazil here, some says that it is more potent others says that not.. but I believe this that I spoke. (Sorry for my english, i'm a brazilian guy! )

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I read an article in a mag at my local gym about this. It says that using these products that block dht DOES hinder your gains. They said that it blocks dht throughout your whole body. They said untill they develop an oral drug that can just block dht at the scalp you will see loss of gains while using these products. Since then ive just been sticking with using nizoral 2% shampoo.

DEBATE

besides propecia inhibiting gains, i DO NOT BELIEVE that less than 2% of patients in the propecia study experienced decrease libido.... why is then, that EVERY person i talk to on propecia says it KILLS their libido?????

Hey "original Jason", what about crushing up finasteride tabs to make a TOPICAL solution....any experience here????

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Serum testosterone increased 20% on average, an amount which is not considered clinically significant. Some weightlifters and athletes have considered this a bonus of the medication when using Propecia -- an increase in Testosterone and protection from hair loss.

http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_tr...ride_info1.cfm

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i didnt see this buut no ideas about crushing up finastride tabs, I think you would irritate the scalp to much unless you really knew what u were doing with some kinda transdermal agent.

peace

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Originally posted by scottp999
    Serum testosterone increased 20% on average, an amount which is not considered clinically significant. Some weightlifters and athletes have considered this a bonus of the medication when using Propecia -- an increase in Testosterone and protection from hair loss.

http://www.regrowth.com/hair_loss_tr...ride_info1.cfm

A lot of the extra test is also converting into other things like estrogen. And that's why some guys are getting gyno from propecia. But I tend to think the number of guys getting gyno is low and only occurs in men that are that are taking more than what is recommended for treating hair loss and who are very sensitive to estrogen related sides. I take propecia and I don’t think it’s affected my sex drive. However, I do think it’s making it harder for me to get rid of that extra fat I carry in my lower abs. This is all just a theory….

Peace,
    CC

McBain is offline Member
    Don't know about everyone else but I mainly take propecia to protect my prostate. Hairloss is merely aesthetic...prostate cancer is a bit more serious.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Use 1.25 mg of proscar/propecia(finestride) daily since 1998. No problems except wish I wouldhave known about it a few years earlier, I would have much more hair left. Seriously have not had any side effects just wish it was more effective than just keeping what I have left.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I am waiting for Dutasteride to come out... That is the new "wow" hair loss drug. They say it's many times more effective than propecia. And I hear it's going to come out in Oct, but don't quote me on that. :P

Peace,
    CC

Thread Information