Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Receiver84 is offline Associate Member
    Actually tanning is about the worse thing you can do for cystic acne. Regular blemishes, maybe. The bad stuff, forget about at.

texasmk4 is offline Associate Member
    Receiver84, very good information bro, thanks for sharing!

Youngster77 is offline Associate Member

Question

hey receiver...got a question for you. ive been on my cycle for about 6 weeks now and have started breaking out a litttle on my chest, back, neck, and some on my face. the're mainly just litlle ones but there's quite a few on my chest. so my question is will the nizoral work on the type of acne that i have or only the cystic acne that you talk about? and is it safe to use on your face too? also what color is the box that yours comes in? really appreciate the help. thanks!

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I hope I can still help.

I actually think that Nizoral will work better on the small acne then the cystic but my point has been that you don't see the immediate results from it. I'm 5 weeks into my next cycle and not using any anti E's this time(as I theorized that the anti's might have been controlling that acne to) and I do not have a single pimple with the use of Nizoral. I use it once a day, everyday, and let it sit there for about 30 seconds before washing it off. I began treatment 3 weeks prior to my first shot. In your case, if you're not talking about the nasty stuff, typically you can get away with a OTC acne treatment of cleanser of something. Nizoral will work I feel, but it will take some time to work. Once again, sorry for taking so long.

Also, I have never had any trouble on my face with usage and don't know others that have. That being said, it is a med and allergies are always possible. If you get a rash or irritation stop using obviously. The container it comes in is blue and it is usually a while box with a blue symbol on it. Could've changed though.

Youngster77 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Receiver84 View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. I hope I can still help.

I actually think that Nizoral will work better on the small acne then the cystic but my point has been that you don't see the immediate results from it. I'm 5 weeks into my next cycle and not using any anti E's this time(as I theorized that the anti's might have been controlling that acne to) and I do not have a single pimple with the use of Nizoral. I use it once a day, everyday, and let it sit there for about 30 seconds before washing it off. I began treatment 3 weeks prior to my first shot. In your case, if you're not talking about the nasty stuff, typically you can get away with a OTC acne treatment of cleanser of something. Nizoral will work I feel, but it will take some time to work. Once again, sorry for taking so long.
    no worries. thanks for the reply and information. iv've been using it for about 3 days now. wish me luck!

3dgamer is offline Junior Member
    Reciever-
    Yes, thank you for the info

I'm gonna get some asap

Cool! Good luck and stick with it.

mikewgd is offline New Member
    Im having problems purchasing this. It seems like you need a prescription. Does anyone know of a link to buy it online without a prescription or some place (like CVS, Rite Aid, Duane Reade, etc..) that sells it? I prefer to buy it online but doesnt matter. Does anyone have a link? Thanks!

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    This stuff is not meant for acne lol The spouse is an Esthetician and this will only dry out your skin and your back to square on. You need to know how skin works. Go see a dermatologist so they can prescribe you the proper stuff.

mikewgd is offline New Member
    Really? I read many articles about it curing acne and getting rid of them. The original post about it wasnt a spouse who was a Esthetician he was just a guy that wrote for some magazine or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadream View Post
    This stuff is not meant for acne lol The spouse is an Esthetician and this will only dry out your skin and your back to square on. You need to know how skin works. Go see a dermatologist so they can prescribe you the proper stuff.

Canadream is offline Associate Member
    Curing acne? Acne starts within, you know that right?

Quote Originally Posted by mikewgd View Post
    Really? I read many articles about it curing acne and getting rid of them. The original post about it wasnt a spouse who was a Esthetician he was just a guy that wrote for some magazine or something.

Unknownn is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athlete20 View Post
    It's for dandruff. So, it helps with hair loss.

LOL Great explanation, thnx doc...

The reason it helps with hairloss is because it removes DHT from the scalp, same reason it helps for acne, it essentially dries the sebaceous gland which are over active on cycles due to high levels of dht

Unknownn is offline New Member
    go to the pharmacy, or walmart.. its over the counter, anyone can buy it in that concentration. The key ingredient in the shampoo is ketoconazole... unless you are looking for a stronger concentration you dont need a prescription.... Im sure you can buy it online tooo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information