Alex Cross is offline New Member

Anyone shed more HAIR when they started taking PROPECIA?

Whatup Bro's

I started taking Propecia about 3 weeks ago. I'm juice-free as of now, but since I started taking it, my hair seems to be SHEDDING MORE! I think I read somewhere that it can happen when you first start, but it makes me nervous as hell when my hairs fallin out when I talk those damn pills!! Anyone ever notice this???

A/C

ShowBiz is offline Junior Member
    i've taken Propecia and didn't experience any problems at all. I was sheeding like my freaking house cat.
    But after taken Propecia, my hair is falling out at a way slower rate and my head doesn't itch like it use too. JME.

I'll be taken it again with my cycle.

SB

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    It is commonly reported. The shedding is actually the drug forcing a new folicle cycle. It is a good thing. The stuff is magic.

Day 1: PROPECIA begins working to lower levels of DHT.
    At 3 Months: You may first begin to notice a slowing of hair loss.
    At 6 Months: You may actually begin to see an increase in the amount of hair as you continue to use PROPECIA daily.
    At 24 Months: In clinical trials in men aged 18 to 41 with mild to moderate hair loss at the top of the head, 83% of men maintained their hair (based on hair count) vs 28% taking a placebo—a pill with no medication. Further, an expert panel rated 66% of men as having regrowth, vs only 7% of men taking a placebo. An assessment by the doctors in the study rated 80% of men as improved, vs 47% of men taking a placebo.

Originally posted by scottp999
    It is commonly reported. The shedding is actually the drug forcing a new folicle cycle. It is a good thing. The stuff is magic.

Day 1: PROPECIA begins working to lower levels of DHT.
    At 3 Months: You may first begin to notice a slowing of hair loss.
    At 6 Months: You may actually begin to see an increase in the amount of hair as you continue to use PROPECIA daily.
    At 24 Months: In clinical trials in men aged 18 to 41 with mild to moderate hair loss at the top of the head, 83% of men maintained their hair (based on hair count) vs 28% taking a placebo—a pill with no medication. Further, an expert panel rated 66% of men as having regrowth, vs only 7% of men taking a placebo. An assessment by the doctors in the study rated 80% of men as improved, vs 47% of men taking a placebo.
    Scott- Awsome info bro, thanks!! So since the initial shedding is normal, should I worry that the hairs coming out from my front hairline won't be replaced?? I have been told the pill is better for conservation rather than re-growth in the front..... And how long does this initial shedding last?? For 3 months?!?!? Thanks!

A/C

Hey Scott-

Another question..... If I have been on the Propecia for about 3.5 weeks, and I plan to cycle up on some T-2 & EQ, should I wait a few months for the DHT levels to level out and the side effects (shedding) to stop?? Seems I wouldnt want to speed it up- defeating the whole purpose.. Thanks

A/C

Thread Information