Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Which one of these should i use for hairloss?

Ok well i did a couple cycles and it made my hair thin at a quicker rate then when i didn't us juice. So my question is i see a lot of talk about these products:

1. Nizoral 2%

2. Spironolactone 2% topica

3. Azelaic Acid 5% + Minoxidil 5%

Which are better to use? Any sides from these? Will these stop hairloss? Will this stop and help regrow the hair? Let me hear your thoughts and what you did to stop and regrow.
    Thanks

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

Someone help

I know theres a lot of yous out there using this stuff someone let me know your thoughts and how you use it.

CarbonCopy is offline Member

Re: Which one of these should i use for hairloss?

I would use Propecia or Finasteride (same thing) 1mg per day, Nizoral 1% every day or every other day. And Minoxidil 5% and Retin-a everyday (if this combo doesn't dry your skin out too much) and stick with it for at least 1 year. At that point see if you have stopped losing hair or if you have grown hair back. You could try the Spiro if you wanted I have heard some guys have had good luck with it. Remember your hair doesn't fall out over night and it won't grow back over night. These treatments take time, so be fair and give yourself at least 1 year. One more thing, to all those with thinning or balding hair there is a new drug out called Dutasteride which looks VERY promising. Basically it is a tweaked version of propecia. Dutasteride is a 5 -reductase type 1 and 2 inhibitor where as Propecia only blocks type 1. Dutasteride is out now, in fact, it just got FDA approval, but I haven’t seen it anywhere. I’d say maybe in a few months we will see it on pharmacy shelves.

http://www.dutasteride.com/index.html

Peace,

CC

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    i need more studies circulating test is converted to dht via 5 a reductase enzyme, seems that the new drug stops the conversion at type 1 and 2 5a reductase and the old one does just type 2, so leaving less dht, but dht is alot stronger than just test the part im not sure of is how much of ur gains come form circulating test or do they come from dht?

"Type I 5(alpha)-reductase is responsible for approximately one-third of circulating DHT. The Type II 5(alpha)-reductase isozyme is primarily found in prostate, seminal vesicles, epididymides, and hair follicles as well as liver, and is responsible for two-thirds of circulating DHT."

so with the propecia u r left with the 3rd of the dht produces via type 1 5a reductase, therefore that could be good reason it doesnt work for the reason that conversion to dht is high and the 1/3 is enough to still make the hair fall out.

Anyone got any studies on the use of dht for bodybuilders?

peace

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ok from a few readings, I reckon this product may be good for hairloss however if used in conjunction with test, its gonna basically ruin ur gains. DHT binds to the ar 3-5 times stronger than test so therefore I wont be trying this hairloss products, jjust wanted to add my conclusion

peace

McBain is offline Member
    I've heard that DHT inhibitors such as finastride increase aromatization though so watch out for that. I've read that some bros have actually regrown hair they lost via a 9% spiro formula they made themselves. Think it was over on EF that I read about it. Could be bullshit, but don't see why he'd lie. Worth a shot I think

Thread Information