xxluv2xlr8xx is offline New Member

Question tanning and acne

i noticed that tanning will make most people look more defined. the problem is that i use to have acne problems (had to go on accutane), i read somewhere tanning can cause the problem to come back... so i was wondering what do you guys suggest? im just looking for any advantage to make myself look more cut, hehe

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Try using the search button for acne treatments, etc. Actually, when I did a seach on it, I found that tanning beds seem to help with some people. The concern though, would be that acutane make people VERY sensitive to UV rays. Hope this helps..

Peace

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    If I get a little bit of acne, I go to the tanning bed and it seems to help out.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My father and brother have genetically oily skin which leads to a lot of body acne. Like on back and arms. Luckily I got my mother's clear skin

But they frequently tan to clear up their skin.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    tanning doesn't get rid of the acne it only masks it up, if you look closely you'll still get bloches, cuz the new tan mixes w/ the acne making it look like its getting better
    peace dude

superev is offline New Member

skiboy is an uneducated prick who should stfu

Quote Originally Posted by skiboy
    tanning doesn't get rid of the acne it only masks it up, if you look closely you'll still get bloches, cuz the new tan mixes w/ the acne making it look like its getting better
    peace dude
    ok pal SORRY but i couldnt let this go by without correcting...or at least informing because you seem to be so sure of yourself, even though you are dishin out totally uneducated, ridiculous advice/information...

I had acne between the ages of 15-18 and it was a very hard time,
    (for the self image thing)\
    ok so, ACNE builds up in the EPIdermis...meaning outer layer...im not going to go into detail..but i can and will if you would like more info, now...sunlight stimulates melatonin, a pigment which is located in the dermal layer of skin...BELOW THE EPIDERMIS, because of this, there is no "mixing" or "covering" of acne involved...the UV rays penetrate past the acne generally and affect the dermal layer. Blotches are a special kind of scar tissue, a kind of pigment malfunction and so they linger for a period of time after acne clears up. now, on many ppl UV rays can affect the skin for the better(concerning acne) The bacteria involved in poppin up those little pustules are easily destroyed by UltraViolet rays...that is why acne will clear up in the summer, say, if you like to walk about outside a lot with your shirt off....the end

the big point im tryin to put across is....just cuz you are an idiot...dont give other ppl your false information to believe(dumbass)

peace

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by superev
    ok pal SORRY but i couldnt let this go by without correcting...or at least informing because you seem to be so sure of yourself, even though you are dishin out totally uneducated, ridiculous advice/information...

ok so, ACNE builds up in the EPIdermis...meaning outer layer...im not going to go into detail..but i can and will if you would like more info, now...sunlight stimulates melatonin, a pigment which is located in the dermal layer of skin...BELOW THE EPIDERMIS, because of this, there is no "mixing" or "covering" of acne involved...the UV rays penetrate past the acne generally and affect the dermal layer. Blotches are a special kind of scar tissue, a kind of pigment malfunction and so they linger for a period of time after acne clears up. now, on many ppl UV rays can affect the skin for the better(concerning acne) The bacteria involved in poppin up those little pustules are easily destroyed by UltraViolet rays...that is why acne will clear up in the summer, say, if you like to walk about outside a lot with your shirt off....the end

the big point im tryin to put across is....just cuz you are an idiot...dont give other ppl your false information to believe(dumbass)

peace
    Nobody here should ever be thought of as an expert. The only thing you have on the Net for credentials is your reputation. Someone asks a post and then people give there replys - even though some may not be as informed as others. But the member you seem to be so upset about was not giving info that was potentially harmful or anything - no need to call names.

BTW - I don't htink you meant to say melatonin - melanin perhaps? Chill dude...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    BTW - I don't htink you meant to say melatonin - melanin perhaps? Chill dude...
    that is what these boards are all about. learning how to interpret information from various sources and investigating what you have read....

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxluv2xlr8xx
    i noticed that tanning will make most people look more defined. the problem is that i use to have acne problems (had to go on accutane), i read somewhere tanning can cause the problem to come back... so i was wondering what do you guys suggest? im just looking for any advantage to make myself look more cut, hehe
    i'm not really prone to acne too much..when i went tanning my skin used to look great...really clear and dark...when i first stopped, for several months afterwards i started breaking out like crazy on my chest and back, the big deep painful kind....i'm guessing the tanning keeps those oil glands in check for a little while but when you stop it comes back worse than before...however temporarily it is still inconvenient.
    airbrush tanning is another option(and i don't mean in the booths)...someone experienced in airbrush tanning can subtly enhance all those cuts you are wanting to stand out....only thing is it can cost a lot to keep up...

alevok Guest
    Tanning actually helps acne to go away, I recommend Just faces by California Tan, apply some to your face, go tan, wash your face after tanning, acnes would go away sooner.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    Dont go talking down on someone else for their lack of knowledge when you dont even know what your talking about. melatonin is a herbal sleep aid. it is malanon which is responsible for skin pigment. the rest of your little analysis is incorrect as well... so take your attitude elsewhere. Flaming others only makes you look stupid, especially when you are only half right on your explinations.

Quote Originally Posted by superev

peace
    Do

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxorl
    Dont go talking down on someone else for their lack of knowledge when you dont even know what your talking about. melatonin is a herbal sleep aid. it is malanon which is responsible for skin pigment. the rest of your little analysis is incorrect as well... so take your attitude elsewhere. Flaming others only makes you look stupid, especially when you are only half right on your explinations.

Do
    not to be an ass...but it's 'melanin' ...

PoPpaPaQ Guest
    back to answering your question... i don't think tanninng will give u any extra acne , but be careful, a lot of the meds (like the one im currently taking) makes your skin extra sensitive, which can cause your skin to burn a lot easier or even develop a rash... when im not on any meds tanning works great for me...

Thread Information