calirj0 is offline Junior Member

Stretch mark help!

hey guys, I get stretch marks pretty bad, I was wondering if anyone knows:

A. What the are caused by

b. If it is possible to get rid of them after they are present

and C. If there is a way to prevent them, and how.

Thanks

dansteelman is offline Member
    They are genetic brother. They are caused by lack of elasticity in the skin. Growing too fast will cause them. No way to prevent them at all. Rub Vit E lotion on em and they'll fade in time and a tan might help. Common places are Theigh, hips, butt, back, underarms and shoulder where your arm meets the chest. Get used to em! They will defiantly fade. I got quite a few under my arms during my first cycle and some on my butt from squats. Its just a sign that you are growing! Learn to love em!

pcity is offline Junior Member
    I have the same problem bro.For the last 5 months ive big getting them due to skin streching from muscle growth.They seem to come underneath my armpit,arm area,and close to my lats.Ive started using cocoa butter which contains vitamin e.It helps prevent and remove strech marks.It should say that on the container. Good luck!!!

dickhead is offline New Member
    it happens cuz you're growing too fast. your skin is elastic and it can only take a certain amount of stretch per day. lotions but not sun tan please.

stinky is offline Associate Member
    I wear mine proudly!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    yea, its nice seeing them and knowing that you're growing--- but personally i hate mine, and they aren't even that big. cocoa butter helps like the guys before me said, its great stuff for fading them relatively quick.

Baldguy is offline New Member
    Retin-A. It works for most although some on here like to disagree. It's not terribly expensive so if they really bother you, try it.

BG

calirj0 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Baldguy
    Retin-A. It works for most although some on here like to disagree. It's not terribly expensive so if they really bother you, try it.

BG
    Isnt that stuff medication for rosacea? Its prescription, right?

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I got stretch marks all over my stomach, back, arms, upper thighs, shoulders and even little ones on my forearms. Mine were caused by being quite overweight, and then loosing 70 lbs in under 3 months. I don't like them, but you get used to them after a while. I did try one OTC gel, I think it was retin-a, but I'm not sure -- and it was so annoying. you have to rub it on your stretch marks 3 times a day and the stuff was really frustrating to rub in since it wouldn't dry. I gave up on that venture, and decided to live with my marks as war scars. Don't be embarrased, they are a sign of progress.

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    yeah what they said. I have them on my lower back right above my butt. I got them from growing 6 inches over a year in high school. Go to CVS- there is some lotion that is specifically for stretch marks. My wife is pregnant right now and she uses that shit to prevent them.

Baldguy is offline New Member
    calirj0- Retin A is a prescription drug and I was incorrect about the cost. It is rather pricey. However it does work. It's most commonly prescribed to treat acne although recent studies and quite a few dermatologists will stand by it's use as a treatment for stretch marks.

From personal experience you'll get much better results if it is used as they appear.

Here's a bit more info:

Retin-A (Retinoic Acid) is often used to improve the appearance and texture of the skin. It produces a mild, superficial peel of the epidermis. Retin-A has effects on the both the superficial (epidermis) and the deep(dermis) parts of the skin. The major benefit is to decrease the effects of sunlight caused aging by increasing the speed with which the surface cells are replaced.

In the epidermis it thins the outer later, or stratum corneum, which makes the skin more permeable. However the overall thickness of the epidermis is increased. The epidermal cells are also more active.The production of collagen in the dermis is increased.

The most common problems are redness and sensitivity to the sun but serious complications are rare. If Retin-A is used repeatedly there is a risk of loss of pigment or lightning of the skin. Some patients say that the irritation is painful but scarring does not occur.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i used retin - a and it gave me a big rash so i had to stop using it...i used vitamen e oil caps for 3 months and ive also used mederma..none of them worked for me, so i said fuck it hopefully with time they'll fade..recently ive been thinking about surgery..Madmax..

Thread Information