Matt Foley is offline Member

accutane good while "on"?

With all the underground labs meds that we have access to I think it is important to stress the importance of researching a drug before using it. That also includes asking you doctor about the drug in question.

I recently asked my doctor about accutane and he gave me alot of good info about the drug. If anyone is planning on buying accutane on the black market or through a underground lab you may want to pay good attention. Accutane can be a serious drug and should be taken with caution. Bodybuilders are at even more risk due to their vitamin and supplement intake, and the use of tanning beds. Actually Accutane has a direct affect on bones, muscle, and ligaments. Also AAS users due to rise in cholesterol and liver values. Using Accutane during a steriod cycle is ill advised IMO. In other words DON'T DO IT. Actually after reading all this you may change your mind all together about Accutane. Or hopefully change your mind about doing it without supervision from your doctor.

Accutane is for treatment of nodular acne.

Important info for female patients

You MUST NOT take accutane while pregnant.
    You MUST NOT become pregnant while taking accutane.

Severe birth defects are known to occur in babies of females taking Accutane in any amount even for short periods during pregnancy. There is an extremely high risk that your baby will be deformed or will die if you become pregnant while taking Accutane. Potentially any expeosed baby can be affected. There is also an increased risk of losing the baby before it is born or that it will be delivered early. Doctors take this so seriously that you must have two forms of contraception used together for one month before, during, and after using Accutane.

Mood disorders and suicide

There is no solid proof that Accutane causes these side effects. If you start to get depressed or feel suicidal stop taking Accutane.

In order to do a course of accutane through a doctor you must get blood work done before you even start. They check your liver and lipid values. If either of these are high they will not recomend you do a cycle of Accutane until you get them under control. After you start treatment you will get your blood work done every month. They only give you 30 days worth of Accutane at a time.

How to dose Accutane

The recomended dose is 2 times (80mg) a day with food. I would start at one per day. If you miss a dose just skip it. DO NOT DOUBLE UP. Get blood work done every month. Also...pregnancy tests for females should be done once a month as well.

Things to avoid during treatment

Do not get pregnant

Do not breast feed during and 1 month after taking Accutane

Do not give blood during and 1 month after

Do not take vitamin A supplements. Taking with Accutane could increase your chance of getting sides.

Do not have cosmetic procedures to smooth your skin, including waxing, dermabrasion, or laser proecedures while you are using Accutane and for at least six months after you stop. Accutane may increase your chance of scarring from these procedures.

Avoid sunlight and ultraviolet lights as much as possible. Tanning machines included.

Do not use birth control pills that do not contain estrogen. They may not work while you take Accutane.

Talk with your doctor if you plan to take other drugs or herbal products. This is especially improtant for patients using birth control pirlls and other hormonal types of birth control because the birth control may not work if you are taking certain drugs or herbal products. You should not take the herbal supplement St. John's Wort becuase this supplement may make birth control pills not work as effectively. I asked my doctor about using ALA and milk thistle during use of Accutane to keep liver values in check and he recomended against doing that.

Common side effects

Dry skin, chapped lips, dry eyes, and dry nose that may lead to bleeding. People who wear contacts may have trouble wearing them while taking Accutane. Sometimes acne may get worse for awhile. They should continue taking Accutane unles told to stop by their prescriber.

Serious side effects

Serious brain problems - It can increase the pressure in your brain. This can lead to permanent loss of sight, or in rare cases, death. Stop taking Accutane and call yoiur prescriber right away if you get any of these signs of increased brain pressure: bad headache, blurred vision, dizziness, nausea, or vomiting. Also, some patients taking Accutane have had seizures or a stroke.

Abdomen (stomach area) problems - Cerain symptoms may mean that your internal organs are being damaged. These organs include the liver, pancreas, and bowel. If your organs are damamged, they may not get better even after you stop taking Accutane. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you get severe stomach or bowel pain, diarrhea, rectal bleeding, yellowing of your sking or eyes, or dark urine.

Bone and muscle problems - Accutane may affect bones, muscles, and ligaments and cause pain in your joints or muscles. Tell your prescriber if you plan vigoruous physical activity during treatment with Accutane. Tell you prescriber if you develope pain. If a bone breaks, tell your prescriber you take Accutane. No one knows if taking Accutane for acne will reduce bone healing or stunt growth.

Hearing problems - Some people taking Accutane have developed hearing problems. It is possible that hearing loss can be permanent. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if your hearing gets worse or if you have ringing in your ears.

Vision problems - While taking Accutane you may develop a sudden inablity to see in the dark, so driving at night can be dangerous. This condition ususally clears up when you stop taking accutane, but it may be permanent. Other serious eye affects can occur. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber right away if you have any problems with your vision or dryness of the eyes that is painful or constant.

Lipid problems - Many people taking accutane develop high levels of of cholesterol and other fats in their blood. This can be serious problem. Return to your prescriber for blood tests to check your lipids and get any needed treatment. These problems generally go away when Accutane treatment is finished.

Allergic reactions - In some people, Accutane can cause serious allergic reactions. Stop taking Accutane and get emergency care right away if you develop hives, a swollen face or mouth, or have trouble breathing. Stop taking Accutane and call your prescriber if you develop fever, rash, or red patches or bruises on your legs.

Signs of other possibly serous problems - Accuatne may cause other problems. Tell your prescriber if you have trouble breathing, are fainting, are very thirsty or urinate alot, feel weak, have leg swelling, convulsions, slurred speech, problems moving, or any other seroius or unusual problems. Frequent urination and thirst can be signs of blood sugar problems.

After treatment is completed

Do not donate blood for one month after use of Accutane.

Do not give left over accutane to anyone

daem is offline Anabolic Member

hmmm

good information for those seeking solid information on accutane.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    This is why I usually tell people to avoid accutane if at all possible, especially while on cycle. There was a post on this the other day. Accutane has lots of nasty sides, most manifest after accumulated use since this drug is used for an extended period.

Big Rhino is offline Junior Member
    If anyone can remember around Sept.11 I think just a little bit after ther was a kid who crashed a small airplane into a building in Florida.It ended up that he commited suicide and his family said he was very depressed and withdrawn and it was sideffects of the accutane. Also it is very harsh on the liver. So bottom line is the shit is f#%@ed up.

RHINO

freakmaster is offline Junior Member
    accutane is not that dangerous. It can be for certain individuals. Iv steroids bypass the liver, and therefore are not that harmful on the liver, but the orals are. I have taken accutane while under the supervision of a doctor, and I had my liver, my cholesterol and my kidney checked while on accutane, the only side effects I had were dry lips and nose, and that is it. If you have mood disorders, it can make your moods worse and mess with norepinephrine and serotonin levels in the brain a little therefore worsening your condition. If you have elevated liver values, it can elevate them to a greater degree. But is accutane the sole reason for the liver damage, or the mood swings, and the answer is no. The side effect frequency increases with daily dose. The most severe effects occur at doses above 0.45mg per pound of body weight per day. Most common : dry chapped lips, dry mouth, nose bleeds due to dryness, dry or flaky skin, rash, itching, unusual sensitivity to the sun, tempory skin discoloration. Isotretinoin causes extreme elevations of blood tri-glycerides and milder elevations of blood tri-glycerides and milder elevations of other blood fats, including cholesterol. It also can cause increased blood-sugar or uric-acid values and can increase liver-function test values. If you are going to take accutane, do so only under the supervision of a doctor, most importantly a dermotologist, and get you blood taken for liver enzymes, lipids, and kidney enzymes every month. I have taken accutane while on 500mg of cyp and equipoise 400mg a week for 10 weeks and I got my blood work done once a month, the only adverse effects I had were a slight elevation in my cholesterol profile, my LDL was 163 while on and 142 while off, and my HDL was 59while off and 45 while on. Taking AS responsively while on accutane is achieaveable if your diet is right on and you only use IV As to bypass the liver to a certain degree. My doctor knew I was using AS and was against it but he listens to me because I am a Pharmacist, and also because he is my brother, and I will kick his ass if he dont!

And I am not rehashing a article and posting it on this board, I am a pharmacist and I know my shit. I understand most people do not have a pharmacist or a doctor as a brother, but Accutane while on gear is doable if done correctly.

Thread Information