Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Stretch Marks....HELP!

After my last cycle, I have bigger stretch marks around my outer armpit area and now on my bicepts...what can i do to help make them go away or even prevent them. My g/f said that pregnant women use coco butter on there stomachs during pregnancy...anyone have any suggestions?

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Bro...i heard the same thing and have been rubbing coco butter on religiously...it's certainly stopped new stretch marks from forming, but the ones you have aren't going to go away...(at least as far as I know)..but the cocoa butter does make the skin more pliable!

KunipshunFit is offline Lounge Lizard
    coco butter works because it's a thick moisturizer..

i use tanning lotion and vitamin lotion.

This way my skin stay's moist enough to have some elastic properties, and healthy to grow with me...

Once the mark is there, it will never go away as you prolly know..however they will fade in...i've got them in my arm pits, and side chests from my bulking cycle...but hell 40lbs in 12 weeks will do that to ya

Lata

K

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bros, i read on Animalkit board he's working on a stretch mark cream. If he comes out with it im sure it will be a good product. I will keep my bros informed.

OG

sd11 is offline Banned
    The only way I have ever heard of getting rid of them is with laser technology. Stretch marks are permanent, but over time will fade to a much finer streak. You can improve their appearance with topical prescription creams, but from people I know who have gone that route the results were only temporary.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ohhh forgot about this stuff. Iv heard Mederma (something like that) works on stretch marks. Women use it after the give birth and have stretch marks. Might want to give it a try?

OG
    Last edited by OGPackin; 02-05-2003 at 01:05 PM.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I've tried Mederma for my stretch marks. The problem is that you gotta apply it 3-5 times a day, too much hassle if you ask me

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I hear vit e may work for stretch marks... that stuff is thick and sticky though... not fun.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    u wanna play u gotta pay!

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    has anybody tried Vitamin E, One of the chics are gym got implants and had stretch marks from it, she recommended it :P

talk about Irony

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i have tried mederma, vitamen e, retin-a, coca butter and none of the shit has worked yet..after my next cycle i'm getting them removed by a surgeon...Madmax..

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    chicks dig scars !fuck it ,theres nothin u can basicly do ,i dont really give a flying f*ck,if u hit the tannin beds they do fade alot .hey look at it this way sighns of prgress?

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    OK Max..I read your PM and I finally reached this thread so I have some of the answers I asked you.

Stretch Marks & Scars
    How do scars and stretch marks form?
    Scars and stretch marks develop as a result of disruption of the integrity of the dermis, which is the deeper layer of skin. The appearance of scars and stretch marks is due to bands of collagen which the body lays to form strong bonds in order to hold the skin together where it was once cut, as seen in surgery and trauma. Stretch marks are similar to scars in that there is pulling of the skin, leading to small linear scars, but there is no actual separation of the skin as with true scar formation. Stretch marks appear after the skin is stretched excessively such as in pregnancy, spurt of growth during puberty, rapid weight gain, and in body builders.

How does laser remove scars and stretch marks?
    Since the etiology of scars and stretch marks are the same, they are treated with the same laser technique. A special laser beam is transmitted through the skin which loosens the collagen fibers, thus loosening the essence of the scar or stretch mark. The laser energy also creates a mild inflammation in the dermis structures which causes the body to restructure the area and create newer skin. This is time leads to disappearance of the scar and stretch marks. Final results are achieved gradually over several laser treatments.

With that said, I can tell you with a great degree of certainty that stretch marks are difficult to treat. I don't feel that there is any magic bullet for scars or stretch marks. Laser and other topical treatments can greatly reduce the appearance, but the cost is is huge factor. My advice would be to start using preventative measures several weeks before your AAS cycle and continue it on htrough until your weight reaches some level of stability. This topic could go on and on so if you have any more particular questions, PM me and I will try to advise you on your options!

Doc M

Thread Information