Thread: Propecia

Innervision is offline Associate Member

Propecia

A friend of mine (no seriously) was prescribed Propecia for his hairloss by his doctor. He is honest with his doctor about juice and his doctor said propecia helps keep your normal test levels going as a way to defend against DHT. My friend reports clomid like effects (sex drive up, balls coming back even more etc) and it made me curious others experiences with Propecia. I'm not trying to say Propecia should be taken instead of clomid, but i thought it was interesting.

husun is offline Junior Member
    i thought propeica was known to eventually kill your sex drive.

roch is offline Member
    propecia is supposed to inhibit your test output so the dht shuts itself down. my doc told me to stay away from it if I intended to workout still. I wan't able to ask about the steroid question since my wife was in the room.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Propecia doesn't inhibt your test output or production, it simply inhibts the conversion of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT). And if you look at some of the stuides on Propecia you see that the subjects have higher levels of test. I think it was 15% higher due to the fact that test is not converting into DHT. As far as Propecia killing your sex drive, this occurs in less then 2% of the people that use propecia.

Peace,
    CC

bigdog2502002 is offline Junior Member
    good reply CC,,,,

Thread Information