Crankin'steiN is offline Associate Member

Let acne clear up before starting a cycle??

I am currently using tetracycline and retin-a cream for my acne. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks (and it looks like it is clearing up a bit), and I am supposed to continue for 3 months.

My question is: I am planning to do a cutting cycle before vacation (July 5). The cycle will be 6 weeks long. Should I start the cycle now, then hopefully the acne meds will keep most of it away. Or should I wait until closer to the date when the acne is mostly gone to do my cycle.

My thought is this: If I end my cycle right before vacation, what will I do if the cycle causes acne? But if I start the cycle now, I would have time after the cycle to get rid of the acne before vacation.....

(Maybe I'm biased because I just want to be on....)

WHAT SHOULD I DO????

I have also heard that the antibiotics (tetracycline), will kill the effects of orals.....????

MDMA is offline Banned
    I rarely, if ever experience acne during a cycle, it's once I start Clomid that the acne starts to show a bit.

As far as acne prevention, there is plenty you can do besides taking that tetracycline. There's a great thread around here somewhere about it, a couple in fact. Try searching for it.

But, as an idea, lots of B5 will help. Hit the sona two/three times a week, wash your face/back/shoulders/chest before you goto bed everynight, DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE, go tanning etc. GOod luCk

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro speaking from experience id wait till ur acne is gone before u start again. I just started using accutane gel and its just starting to clear up. It just got worse and worse so i recommend holding off.

OG

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by OGPackin
    Hey bro speaking from experience id wait till ur acne is gone before u start again. I just started using accutane gel and its just starting to clear up. It just got worse and worse so i recommend holding off.

OG
    Whats up OG, how are you liking that stuff so far. I've been on about a week and it seems to be working OK so far. Shit burns my fucking skin though and the dryness is unbelievable.

Originally posted by MDMA
    I rarely, if ever experience acne during a cycle, it's once I start Clomid that the acne starts to show a bit.

As far as acne prevention, there is plenty you can do besides taking that tetracycline. There's a great thread around here somewhere about it, a couple in fact. Try searching for it.

But, as an idea, lots of B5 will help. Hit the sona two/three times a week, wash your face/back/shoulders/chest before you goto bed everynight, DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE, go tanning etc. GOod luCk
    Thats great that you rarely get acne, but obviously it is worse for me...

I know where the search button is, and I know lots of acne treatments other then what I am using..... I am using it because I need to... I didn't ask for acne treatments, just advice on whether or not to do my cycle while taking my medication.....

Don't assume that just because I don't have many posts here, that I am a total newbie to the whole game.....

THIS IS NOT A FLAME.... JUST A REPLY TO A POST THAT SUGGESTED THAT I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO SEARCH!

BTW: Thanks for your input OG

I need more input....

Anyone, have any thoughts??

Slavetourmoma is offline New Member
    Well I get, adn currently have bad acne. A little on the T-zone but mostly on my shoulders and chest/back area. I seem to always be on some type of treatments. I'm currently trying an antibiotic with a new face cream that is like accutane but with an anti biotic in it. I have monthly treatments of accutane at a 50 % solution. Yes it burns like a mother fucker. But only for five minutes. But for my oily ass skin I need it. I did my last cycle before my acne had really cleared up. It got alot worse as in redness, size of cysts. I'm current;y clomiding my way off the cycle and in my face at least it is getting better. I would say wait till it clears up a bit, but then again, I'll prolly do another cycle before mines totally gone anyway. I love that extra 15 lbs before paractice starts in August. Anyway prolly shouldn't, but u gotta decide if its worth it or not man.

Steve is offline Associate Member
    I really cant see why antibiotics will stop oral aas from working. If anything it will be the other way round. I know that minocin (antibiotic) works for me when im on cycle. Accutane is the best though. It is up to you if you take the risk or not. Antibiotics take a while to work anyway. Goodluck. Bump for more replies

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Crankin..Relax brother!! You sounded like you were having a rage moment.

MDMA wasn't insinuating that you didn't know how to use the search button, he was only trying to give some good advice. And I don't know why you threw in "newbie" into the equation. The posts he was referring to are quite lengthy and instead of him hogging your thread, he was just giving you another place to look. If you want to ask questions then you have to relax a little or you won't get anyting but grief. We're not here to pop back at each other like that so maybe you should be a man and apologize for the rage.

Anyway, thre is some great info on here, you obviously know that if you have been here for awhile. So, my medical advice would be to get your acne under control before starting your cutting cycle. If you are having problems now you may compund the severity by letting it go unchecked. As far as your anti-biotic uses, I would say you are okay with your regimine that you are currently using. Be aware that the Retin-A can cause you plenty of problems if you are going to be in the sun.

I would continue the anti-biotics and RA cream as you are and wait a little bit until you hit your cutting cycle. By the way, what is your cycle going to look like?

Doc M

Thread Information