Terinox is offline The One & Only

Question For Bald Members

Alright, this does sound kinda weird, but here it goes. The war on Iraq...HAHAHAHAHA, I'm kidding this has nothing to do with the war

I was just wondering, those people who shave their heads, how often do you wash your head? I mean, I take a shower everyday, but don't necessarily wash my head. And even though I shaved my head (and do about every 10-14 days), I still wash my hair with shampoo. I put a little on my hands and just rub/scrub it on my scalp. I assume this is just good for the roots and keeps the scalp clean. My head/scalp gets oily/greasy fairly fast. Even a couple hours after washing my head!!!

What do YOU guys do? Do you also still use shampoo? Do you simply just use soap? Let me know bros.

Thnx,
    T.

roch is offline Member
    you shave your hair on purpose??? some of us are fighting male pattern baldness and are afraind to take eq because we (me) don't want to be bald before 60, and you shave it willingly?? *faint*

Originally posted by roch
    you shave your hair on purpose??? some of us are fighting male pattern baldness and are afraind to take eq because we (me) don't want to be bald before 60, and you shave it willingly?? *faint*

I should DEFINETLY make some clear here I started losing my hair at age 16, and am going to hit 21 in a couple months. My hair has thinned out like MAD (due to genetics) and it looks AWFUL. Everyone can tell i'm going bald, and in school, it is a major downer for me! I started shaving it near the end of 2002, and I'm liking it, so I have decided to keep shaving and at least this way I look bald ON PURPOSE instead of being the 20 year old bald kid!!!

roch is offline Member
    phew! thats okay then. I tried the bald thing and my head was all lumpy. BUMP for any answers.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    im 26 and i started getting grey hair about 2 years ago ( damn kids LOL) and baldness runs in the family so i thought instead of looking like a try hard with a gay comb over by the time im 30, i took control and shaved it off. And as for the washing well i use what ever i have handy at the time, shampoo, soap, shaving gel etc...HITMAN

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Terinox- First off, I apologize for getting angry with ya.....I've been workong alot of hours and have been getting real moody lately, so putting our differences about the war aside. I shave my head too, but I have to shave every 3 days or so...shit grows fast. Anyway i wash my head everyday with regular soap and use lotion on it on the days I shave. I used to have dandruff on occasion but since I've been shaving I've had no problems.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i shave my head everyother day
    wash it everyday when i take a shower using baby shampoo

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Terinox- First off, I apologize for getting angry with ya.....I've been workong alot of hours and have been getting real moody lately, so putting our differences about the war aside. I shave my head too, but I have to shave every 3 days or so...shit grows fast. Anyway i wash my head everyday with regular soap and use lotion on it on the days I shave. I used to have dandruff on occasion but since I've been shaving I've had no problems.
    Same here bro, discussions like that always get heated bro, it's all good

Thanks for the info guys, gonna try some of those things and see if it helps with the greasy/oilyness of my scalp. Baby shampoo seems like a good idea. I should also use some kind of lotion, must help.

Terinox- just use regular soap when washing, it helps dry up the oil and just use the lotion when you shave, keeps razor burn down.

BigBuddha is offline Junior Member
    smae problem here, i started going bald (naturally) at 19, so i decided to start shaving and have everyone used to it before it got to bad, now people dont remember what i looked like with hair, anyway, mach3 and edge gel, only thing i put on my head after that is aftershave, gives it a much smoother feel if you plan on having your head felt that night that is...

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Yung wun- every other day? You must not be going with a blade then...i just don't have the time. I go once a week, and i definetely go with the soap when i wash it, it seems to remove much more oil and grease.

Thanks for the more info guys. I will give soap a try. I can't seem to shave everyday. It is time consuming, and I'm also afraid that it will damage my scalp. So I shave about once every week, or a little bit after.

Terinox- shave once a week with a razor, and the rest of the time with an electric razor.....I've been doing it without any hassle. Sunday night I use my razor, other than that it takes me like 5 minutes every morning to run the electric razor over it to keep it smooth.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    hehe, funny visual

cool7425 is offline Junior Member
    When I used to shave my head I was washing it every day. Sometimes morning and night. I found that without the hair it was more obvious that it got oily. Then I put lotion on it. Never had a problem with dry scalp, which I do have with hair.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    I shave slick bald every day with a mach 3 turbo. I also use tend skin afterwards for razor bumps (it works great). When i shampoo i use a medicated shampoo such as nuetrogena. The key is to put it on before you get in the shower and let it set on the scalp for 5 or more minutes before rinsing so that the medicine has a chance to take effect. Also after getting out of the shower I use a good moisturizing lotion such as benefit that is made for the face because the skin on the head is thinner than regular body skin. Seems like a lot of work but it takes like 2 minutes once you get used to doing it. Nothing is more annoying than having a big ass blemish on a bald head.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I have to first say I like to hear that you guys shave your heads. There is nothing worse than some guy trying to hang onto his last thread of hair. Fucking gross! Just shave the fucking stuff off! I first shaved my head in 1990 for the look. I liked it so much that I kept the shaved head look. 1/8 inch all around. Now that I'm 30 my hair has receeded and thinned. I refuse to let it grow out...look like a typical fucking accountant.

Anyway to answer your question...I use shampoo and conditioner. It cleans out the oil and then moisturizes the scalp.

Thread Information