Bigtim is offline New Member

Propecia for receeding hair line?

Have any of you guys had any luck with propecia for a receeding hair line? Everything I read says it is good for male pattern baldness, which I believe is more the crown and top of the head than the hair line. Someone please give me a success story.

Thanks

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    Just shave your head less to worry about!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I used proscar/propecia from 1998 to Dec 2002. It stopped my hairloss in its tracks and made some thinner hair thicker again. I think it is best used early to stop things from progressing. Do not expect regrowth at the hairline. I have been using avodart for 6 months (The improved dht inhibitor). It has thickened things up for me considerably and there are a few new hairs around the hairline but no real improvement on moving the hairline, just thicker where there was still hair. Both stopped further loss at the hairline!!!!

Best advice is to start on one of these asap to stop progession of Male Pattern Balness and add in some 5% minoxidil to lengthen the grow phase of existing hairs and help thicken up thinner hairs even more.

Side effects are rare and can be reversed by stopping. Reversal with proscar/propecia is almost immediate, next day and with avodart it will be a while due to the long half life.

You can read up on it here: http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article226.htm

and here, www.medicalwellnesscenter.com

Good Luck.
    Last edited by scottp999; 06-15-2003 at 09:21 AM.

sp9
    graph of dht suppression:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Propecia for receeding hair line?-dutas5argraph3.gif  

I would just shave my head, but i don't think I would pull off the vin disel thing very well. That is great news about stopping the receeding. My hair line is still very good, but it has definately went back a little in the past couple of years. I'm almost 34, so i'm doing pretty good, I'm just thinking about the future. One more question, how well does that pill cutter work when cutting the pill into 4 different pieces?

sp9
    pill cutter works great for 1/4, some people try to do 1/5th to get down to 1 mg. Too hard and you end up messing up too much.

Thanks for the answers. I placed my order today. I'm going to take it for six months and see how it does. I don't know what the others think about this, but I would gladly spend a dollar day to save my hair!

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    SCOTT

I have been using avodart for 6 months
    Hey man you seem to have done your research so if you dont mind I'd like to pick your brain.

Right now at 32 I've been lucky with the hair loss .... had some in my late 20's that seems to have slowed naturally but baldness runs in my family so I'm always concerned.

I start my cycle next week and didnt even think about losing hair til I started reading posts in the "AR Spa" ... you say you've been taking avodart ... that website you pointed us to charges $240 for 100 caps!!! Man thats a lot! How many caps are you taking? Whats the difference here? Just the dosage?

Avodart 0.5mg gel caps: #100 Avodart gel caps in factory sealed GlaxoSmithKline manufacturer bottle only $239.95

Dutasteride 0.125mg capsules: #90 for $129.95
    I thought I would try Rogaine, Nizoral (3x week) and avodart. Your opinion and experience would be REALLY helpful man ... I'd rather be scrawny than bald ... I could never pull of the Vin Diesel look

propecia patent

I've been looking, on the net, for when the patent for propecia runs out. Does anybody know when it expires? The stuff sure would be a lot less expensive if there was a generic. I think patents for medicine is using 7 to 14 years, but I'm not sure.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    you are correct ... pat. time is 7-14 years

sp9
    I think I saw for proscar that the patent will run out in 2005. Many people now get Fincar from India for cheap. Not sure if I would trust it though but it is probably fine.

Thread Information