pelly789 is offline Member

sprinting knee pain

i was sprinting today 40 yd sprints and after my second one my knee got hurt, im not sure how or why because i warmed up and stretched thourougly before sprints now it hurts not that bad but i cant squat with my own weight without favoring it what should i do? i bought some glucosamine/chondroitin and im going to start supplementing that not sure if it was just a minor strain on a ligament or a small cartilage tear im not too sure its a little swolen and is painful walking upstairs/downstairs and the squatting motion hurts like getting up out of a chair im guessing it cant be too bad but it only hurts on the top of my knee cap and into the inner side of my knee any one know what this could be?

TexN343 is offline Associate Member
    Miniscus tear? Ligaments tear? Not sure but the swelling deffinately indicates something went wrong. I would Ice and elevate be4 going to the doc.

sputnik is offline Banned
    I pulled my calf muscle while sprinting a couple of months back, despite warming up...what I found was that a lay off was needed, cause every time I went to sprint again, the same thing happened. I would go to a physio and get it checked out. They can tell you IF you need treatment or not. I also did my knee playing soccer a month back, I couldn't squat after. I thought something was stuffed for sure. Physio checked it out and gave me this elastic thing to put over it, and together with the Cissus RX I used, I was back to normal after a week or so.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    warming up and stretching can not guarantee that you wont suffer a sprain or strain, rest ice and elevate for 2 wks and rest, no improvment go to an orthopedic

it feels better now than it did last night so hope its something minor the swellings not as bad either i think its something minor thanks for the advice guys

also is it ok if i go to the gym and do upper body while letting my legs rest i can walk fine and everything id just stay away from doing legs and deadlifts and stuff like that, that might aggrivate it...think thats ok? i cant stand to be out of the weight room at ALL period.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sure, upper body is fine

Thread Information