Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    durbin22 is offline Member
    The positive effects from it definately out weigh the negative. The whole suicide thing is bullshit. Some kid who was on it crashed a plane into a building and they blamed it on Accutane. As far as Accutane more harmful then Roids I think not. Believe me I have taken it and the side effects are blown way out of proportion. Dry skin and chapped lips are about it. Big Rush if you want acne free skin then take Accutane.

Steve is offline Associate Member
    i second what durbin22 said. Accutane=NO acne. the only side i got was chapped lips which wasnt bad because i used blistex, and my skin went abit dry near my chin. I love the stuff

popa is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by durbin22
    The positive effects from it definately out weigh the negative. The whole suicide thing is bullshit. Some kid who was on it crashed a plane into a building and they blamed it on Accutane. As far as Accutane more harmful then Roids I think not. Believe me I have taken it and the side effects are blown way out of proportion. Dry skin and chapped lips are about it. Big Rush if you want acne free skin then take Accutane.
    couldn't agree more

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i'm psyched about it now....i can't wait to star..that damn doc better Rx me accutane

chemwalla is offline New Member
    yup, accutane is the only thing that will work to keep the acne gone. everything else just holds it back. stop using it and the pimples come on back.

i'm using a low dose regimen of 20mg/day and sides are mostly confined to chapped lips. first thing i noticed when i first started using it was that my skin was no longer oily 24/7. plus it feels amazing just running your hands over your face and back and feeling smooth skin and not tiny whiteheads.

sucks not having insurance cover it tho. fortunately i have a decent hookup for it. pm me if anyone else wants to be acne free.

Dank1447 is offline Junior Member
    people react differently to all drugs, for me i am in my last month, my appetite comes and goes, also, seems like i get mood swings easier, not bad though

chevy44 is offline Member
    yeah i have been in more fights in the last 4 months than the last 6 yrs of my life, ive been really irritable, i dont know if its the accutane, but that is said to be one of the side affects!

bump

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    don't have much too contribute to this thread since I have never used it myself before but from all the potential side effects caused by accutane, how come more people have not tried the accutane gel instead? Is it not as effective??
    I realize it would be a pain-in-the-ass to apply it all over your back and shoulders everynight but wouldn't it be worth it for those running 17aa's and don't need the extra stress on the liver??
    Just curious b/c I seen the gel real cheap online and thinking of checking it out...feedback would be great. ~US~

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Ive been on it for 4 months now, but for some reason I still have new red zits appear sometimes...My cheeks are clear, just red but it will go awya i hope, but my forehead has 4 big fucking zits now, it pisses me off, i have 1 month to go and i dont want it to be this way...but my doc is cool, he said if i still have pop ups we will do an extra month...

ABout mood swings-
    Ive been havin some sort of depression in the last 4 years(since i was 14)...for some amzing reason its been getting better without any medication, I guess it all mind conrol or somthing...anyways, when i was stasrting accutane i was affraid that I could get into a severe depression again as ive read the side effects, but im happy to say that it didnt have any emotiaonal effetcs on me...every one is diffrent.

biceps34 is offline New Member
    Hi guys. I took it 18 months. Yes, you're right: 18 months. 60mg/day or something. Did this from 30 to 32. Had always a very bad skin (not due to juice). Was under permantent control for the blood. Dry skin in the face..but: I lost nearly my acne. But even not 100%: My natural test-level is too high...so I always will keep some acne. In any case the sides were nearly nothing. So I really can say: take if you have a quite severe form of acne. With 35 I did first roid-cycle. Some acne moore, but nothing dramatic. All went normal when I was off-juice

C-Bol is offline Junior Member
    What do u guys think about the topical accutane. Does it work good or just as good? Does it have the same side effects? I used to use this stuff brevoxyl which said the side effects include possible effects on the liver. Just wondering cause i might get some of the topical stuff.

Bye-Bye Pimples

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I would stand in line for an hour just to tell someone with acne what this stuff will do for you! The sides are definitely overrated. I got dry skin, chapped lips, and my skin was a little more sensitive to the sun, but damn I'm a lot prettier now!

Accutane has my vote, for sure.

-moto

chevy44 is offline Member
    to tolinka, accutane continues to work after u have done 5 months of it, but i know at least 4kids who were late into their treatment and still had huge zits, but they cleared up after wards and have never seen a zit again! b4 i started the stuff i researched it myself and i found that almost EVERYONE said that u wont be satisfied w/ the med until AFTER the treatment. i hope this helps

great info. bros! more input is always welcomed .....you all can also check out my accutane journal. I will be updating it for at leats the next 6 months or so

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I just took some accutane today lol Every now and then I'll start breaking out again so I'll take it again for 2 to 3 days and I'm right back on track! Good thing my doc gave me a few months too much

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    I was on accutane for about 3 1/2 months when i was in high school. I took it and my sister took it, though my acne wasnt as bad as hers. It worked wonders. From what I remember, cause it was about 4 or 5 years ago, I broke out like crazy the first few weeks of taking it. Then you just had some red spots (pimples but without the puss) then it just went to normal skin. Ill tell you this, and I think it was mentioned before in another reply, BUY MOISTURIZER AND CHAPSTICK!!!!!!! trust me, you take that stuff for granted now, but when you're on accutane its God's greatest gift to man. Also I would recommend not going into the sun at all, and im sure your doctor will tell you the same. I went in the sun for 15 minutes and I was burnt to a crisp, on my face only. I dont know why it does that, but you will burn. other than that I have had no problems whatsoever since I took it, and i never get pimples, and if i do, which is rare, they're little ones that go away when you wash your face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information