daem is offline Anabolic Member

Sunburned at the derby...

Yesterday at the derby I was out in the sun for around 7 hours and we were stupid enough not to bring lotion i had a good base tan before yesterday, however 7 hours walking around without my shirt on really took its toll on me and obviously burned me pretty badly.

What type of aloe lotions do you guys use and what type of procedure do you follow to help heal the burn? ie. not showering in hot water, using aloe lotion, etc.

any suggestions for me?

Polska is offline Anabolic Member

aloe vera

use 100% pure aloe vera gel or oil if the area is not yet blistered or peeling. if it is use aloe vera juice. also apply a moisturizer rich in vitamin E.

to speed the healing process i would recommend 1,000 mg vitamin C, 15mg beta carotene, 400 I.U. vitamin E....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for your suggestions i have already taken some vit supps like C and E, but not beta carotene yet...took some CoQ 10 as well and have put on aloe twice today so far since i have been awake.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I have aloe vera gel in the fridge. Feels great when you put it on. Did you recover from the sunburn yet?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Aloe right from the plant (I have a bunch growing around the house). I've heard that Noxzima (spelling) will help keep you from peeling though. Don't know if that's true.

Thread Information