UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member

I ordered some ProActive skin care

Shit guys my face is starting to get bad. I tan like 3-4 times a week so you can't "see it" but I can feel it under my skin. Its gross. I just ordered Pro Active. Has anyone used this before? I am about to hit the dermatologist too. Hope she will give me a script for Accutane. My question is this.........is it ok to use Accutane while on a cycle? Should I avoid orals?

papapump112 is offline Junior Member
    Pro Active worked for me way back in highschool but the stuff is a only a temporary fix and when u come off, it comes back even faster then it went away...

popa is offline Senior Member
    that stuff been pulled off the market here in edmonton, when I went to get some they told me that in most cases it made the acne worse. if it really bad your doc should have no prob giveing you a script

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    well I am afraid its not going to be "as bad" to the doc as it is to me you know? Like I said- I am pretty damn tan so you really can't see it that well but its there no doubt. Its the kind that are hard under the skin. Kinda cystic if that makes sense. I don't want to scar from it and my family has 2 people that that happened to. I'll try proactive for a month and see what happens.

joe_capone is offline Member
    accutane is harsh on the liver.. do not use it if you are using a 17aa in your cycle. most people use it after cycle. it drys you up realy bad its like twisting a wet towell over and over till all the water has been squeezed out. lol me and my dumb explanations lol. like i said its harsh on the liver soo play it safe.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    pro active works great for some and others does nothing.. for me it worked wonders.. and if it works why come off... money would be the only reason . . give it a shot, and let us know how you make out..

chevy44 is offline Member
    i would go to the derm and find out if he can give u a script for accutane, or if this is ur first time getting an acne medicine then he'll probably start u off w/ something like retin-a (which worked great for about 2 yrs in my life) but i have heard good and bad things about proactiv, i used it myself and it didnt work for shit! and all my friends who had HARDCORE acne, it didnt work for them aswell, but like kman said it works for some and for others does nothing.

heres a little tip in getting accutane:
    if this is a new doc or uve never had to visit him, then when he asks u what medicines u have tried? tell him EVERYTHING, benzomyicin, tetracyclin, retin-a, diferen gel, and those pills (forgot what theyre called)
    just remember its a pain in the ass to get on this stufff! u have to get blood drawn once a month, go to the doc once a month, then when ever u have a side affect ( iE:dry skin that leaves spots) u have to go back so just keep that in mind.

senor_gato is offline Junior Member
    I went to the dermatologyst initially and she game me a botlle of some wash and some lotion that worked pretty good, it was slow going, but it was working. I then ordered Proactiv and it made it big difference quickly. I have been using it for over a month and it works fine for me.

TripleA is offline Junior Member
    I just started my cycle and a buddy recommeded Hibitane, an anti-bacterial soap, also used in hospitals.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I've tried everything. Proactiv pretty much sux, butmay be good for minor acne. I have what I classify as "moderate" ance. Not too harsh, yet bad enough. I just started Accutane last week. Check out my Accutane journal thread. I will be updating it every so often with my experiences and results.

100571 is offline Associate Member
    yeah, Pro Active did nothing for me. I use Differin Gel, and that works pretty good. I think the best thing to use would be some kind of Retinoid (vit A derived) cream. Your dermotologist can give you a script. Differin is the weakest and Tazorac is the strongest. There are a million varieties in between, like retin-A, etc. www.webmd.com has some good info. Only drawback is that it makes you sensitive to the sun... you have to cover yoru face with a towel when tanning.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I started usin the stuff back in high school and just kept using it. It's really easy on the skin and does the trick, kept me from ever having any problems.

Jjdigs74 is offline Member
    I used pro active back in high school bro and it worked for me! i remmeber feeling so happy when it kicked in. But that was along time ago, i was in high school and at that age it might have worked only cause i was so young. I think the best bet would be to save your money with the proactive and seek dermo help. Its alot of hit or miss but when you find something that works just keep with it! good luck bro

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I know this is an old post, but FOX news in Chicago, just did a study with Proactive. They took 3 people with bad acne and studied them for a month. All 3 people said the initial results were pretty good, but after a month or 2, the acne came back even worse

Thread Information