alevok Guest

Does tanning beds cause skin cancer?

I visit tanning saloons every week for 20 min each time, some people say you get skin cancer from them but of course the owner of the saloon says the opposite. What do you guys think?

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    yeah i think they can. doesn't mean you will get it but you can. they say its worse than the sun and you can get it from that.

i just started using a kick ass self taning lotion by neutrogena. it's like 7 bucks and works great. no orange shit or streaks. haven't been to the tanning bed since. and it doesn't dry out your skin either like the tanning bed.

if you can't get it in turkey let me know. i owe you one

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    no stain, it leaves just like a tan does.

what do you mean bring out natural pigment? sorry i'm slow

i got it at my local drug store. it's in a yellow bottle

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    bro they have different kinds of tanning beds now that effect your skin different some do not have harmful rays at all and some do so just find out what kind of rays they have
    BIG

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes, tanning beds can cause forms of skin cancer. Users who abuse them are more likely to develop skin lesions, wrinkles, sun damage, and early signs of skin cancer. I don't practice Dermatology but I can tell you the the UVA and UVB rays emitted from tanning beds are very damaging to the skin.

Sunless tanners have come a Very Long way in the past few years and that is practically all I use. I have tried everyting on the market from the cheap, to the very expensive, and I have found the Nuetrogena tanning foam to be the best. It goes on even and dries very quickly. It is oil free, non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), and gives a great color. Just make sure you follow the instructions implicitly. You can purchase it anywhere such as Walmart or a drug store for approx 7 dollars.

Doc M

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Yes, ALL tanning beds promote skin cancer. This is not to say you might not develop carcinomas or melanomas, however, your chances of getting these increase. As DocM said, your best bet in my opinion would be the tanning creams/lotions etc...and I as well have heard good things about the neutrogena.

Thread Information