Thread: Acne Treatments

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Acne Treatments

This stuff has been said before, but I thought I’d put it in one post and expand it a bit. Some of the info was stuff I learned by reading posts on this board, so props to anyone that has posted this before.

ACNE TREATMENTS

Tanning Bed
    Ultraviolet rays dry excess skin oil very effectively. Best results when used without dark-tanning lotions. Shower after use and apply an aloe-based lotion to noticibly oily areas. Avoid UV exposure while using medications that cause photosensitivity.

Swimming Pool
    Chlorine dries skin oil and reduces bacteria. Shower immediately afterwards and apply an aloe-based lotion to reduce oil production.

Panthotenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
    Large doses of panthotenic acid have proven to reduce acne. Take 2500 mg four (4) times a day (last dose at bedtime) until acne is under control, and then 1500 mg three (3) times a day for maintenance. Also available as a cream which should be applied 4-6 times a day.

Benzoyl Peroxide
    Benzoyl peroxide slowly releases oxygen, which has an antibacterial effect. It also causes peeling and drying of skin, which helps to eliminate blackheads and whiteheads. First, wash the affected area of skin with medicated soap and water. Pat dry gently with a towel. Apply enough medicine to cover the affected area and rub in gently once or twice a day. If you have a fair complexion, start with a single daily application at bedtime. Keep the medicine away from eyes, nose, and mouth. Results are noticable in 1 to several weeks. Side effects: burning, itching, scaling, swelling, or redness. Allergic reactions are not uncommon. Common brands: Clearasil, Noxzema, Oxy, PanOxyl.

Isotretinoin (Accutane) - prescription
    Isotretinoin is a powerful drug used in the treatment of acne. Isotretinoin decreases the amount of oil produced by the skin's sebaceous (oil) glands. Four to five months of isotretinoin treatment usually leads to clearing of acne for one year or more after the medicine is stopped. Most other acne-controlling medicines are antibacterial agents, which are effective only if the medicine is used daily. Side effects (in order of percent reported): chapped lips, dry skin, mild nosebleeds, eye irritation, joint and muscle pains, temporary hair thinning, rash, intestinal symptoms, urinary symptoms, headache, decreased night vision, depression. Regular blood tests are necessary when you are taking isotretinoin because it can be hard on the liver. Women should not take Isotretinoin while pregnant, and should avoid becoming pregnant while using it. Isotretinoin can cause photosensitivity.

Retin-A - prescription
    Unlike many over-the-counter acne treatments, Retin-A has the ability to get beneath the surface of your skin and work where acne begins. Retin-A loosens and expels acne plugs in the skin and prevents new lesions from forming. Apply before bed, about 30 minutes after washing the skin. Side effects: dryness, peeling, redness. Retin-A can cause photosensitivity.

WARNING: Do some extra research on the side effects before starting any of these treatments. I don’t want to be responsible for any medical condition caused by misuse.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    nice post bro helps out alot especally if you dont wanna go the expensive persctiption route

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have the only cure you will need!!

my sister has a predisposition to bad acne for some reason.no one else in our family is like that, but i went to every cosmetologist i knew personally and i found the cure.the results are amazing!!!!i have seen severe acne from steriod abuse(hormone imbalance) and my sis' was worse than that on here face.this shit kicked it's ass in maybe 10 days tops!!

MURAD ACNE COMPLEX, say no more this is your ticket!

it's a five step treatment but it can be used for maintaince also.you can buy it at all upscale boutiques or highend stores like Sephora.go to www.sephora.com to look at it.

it consists of:
    1.) Clarifying skin cleanser(bio-clear)
    2.) Acne probe skin formula(multi-clear)
    3.) Acne management formula(control-clear)
    4.) skin perfecting lotion/oil free moisterizer(vital-clear)

this is top notch.don't even consider trying to piece together these products w/ average supermarket shit.get this shit and be free of acne.this is all you will need.trust me on this

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    OHIP is paying for my Accutane on Nov 22 !!!!!!!!ha

God-Speed is offline New Member
    haha prtyboy you sound like one of those tv sales shows haha

i own the company!!haha

just kidding!!haha, but seriously, my sister had terrible acne and she just recently finished the 60 days treatment.not one blemish.swear to you.that shit is amazing

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    gonna have to get some of that shit to keep on hand just in case of side effects

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Re: i own the company!!haha

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    just kidding!!haha, but seriously, my sister had terrible acne and she just recently finished the 60 days treatment.not one blemish.swear to you.that shit is amazing
    Partyboyeeeeeee: Is that the stuff on the informercial? I think I saw it and it said it worked wonders. freaking whorebag.

FI: So how's that accutane workin?

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Re: i own the company!!haha

Originally posted by PaPaPumP

FI: So how's that accutane workin?
    Like a charm my brother! i've been on it for just over a month now, all cleared up (completely) and i will start my cycle on jan 4th and will have no worries cause my perscription lasts 5 months! this time its acne free for me

nymattyk is offline Member
    are there any side effects of taking too much pantothenic acid???

PPP

not it's not on an infomercial.you have to buy it in highend cosmetic stores or boutiques. sephora is the easiest place to get it

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Party you sure that wasn't you? Now come on we know how vain you are about that kinda stuff.. Just kiddin ya bra...

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    accutane is the best no doubt, if u can deal with them HELLA chapped lips..lol..omg it was awful. I didnt hard;y ever get a zit until i started my first cycle..face is breaken out and chest. That kinda sux =\

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Accutane is pretty amzing.

Ive never had bad acne, just perssitant.

I went to a whole shit load of Dermatologist who wouldnt prescribe me Accutane because they didnt think it was bad enough (never mind that I informed them that no anti-biotic, or cream, Retin-A included had ever worked). Finally found one dermatologist who actually listened to my history, and was smart enough to deduce that Accutane was the only way to go.

But Ive been on 2 accutane courses lately, and while theres no doubt it does clear me up, the damn bastards are resilient. Though it does seem to be less and less severe with each course

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Hey guys, how many mg of accutane did you take ed? I ordered some off of the internet ($150 for 30 @ 10mg pills). I heard some people take 60-80mgs ed. What have you guys used?

PS- It was easy as hell getting the stuff without presc. on the internet. Kind of scary, but true. Took about 2 weeks to come in.

peace,

ttgb

A_Nice is offline Associate Member
    I had what hit me off said... Persistant acne. Everytime I asked to go on accutane fucking dermatologists would say no. Why? Because a shit load of dermatologists make BANK on teenagers and young adults with bad skin. They don't want to lose clients.

I went in super pissed off and demanded accutane lol... I was like listen none of this other shit works fully the second i go off it my acne comes back. Took a cycle of accutane (I think it was 40mg 2x a day I could be wrong DONT QUOTE ME .. THANKS!) for 6 months. The sides were really shitty. Dryness like u wouldnt believe, cracked lips, dry eyes (which SUCKS if you wear contacts), some joint mild pain even... It cured the acne basically yea u get a tiny zit here and there once in a blue moon but u RARELY ever get those huge systic zits ever.

Also, what I reccomend if you have large pores and as a quick fix spot treatment of acne is called BENZAMYCIN. It is a topical gel that contains a strong amount of benzol peroxide, antibiotic, and alcohol. It is pricey but MAGIC.

How I run it: If I feel my skin getting very oily (especialy when its humid out), Cleanse your face throughly with a good facial wash, then spread a thin lair over your face before bed to control oil build up and prevent the clogging of pores. Sometimes just a certain area of my face will become oily , usually being the nose/lower forehead area and I just spread it there so the rest of my skin wont dry out. If I DO get a zit, it works wonders on individual ones. Dab a tiny bit on the zit and goto bed... Wake up in the morning, pure magic. Its gone, or if its a bad zit the oil is already drawn to the top of your skin and when u wash your face you will see it is already dryed up.

Hope that helps

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    My original Accutane (back in HS like 6 years ago) was 2 x 40mg. I guess I was nervous about graduating, and I broke out horrible bad.

I did another course about a year ago 1 x 40mg. This cleared me up till finals week had me taking the equivalent of 16 cups of coffee in a single night. Add to that a shit load of stress. I went on a short course of about a month and a half, again 1 x 40mg, but chewed this time.

This really seemed to be the last of it...until of corse I did a short Andro cycle (yea yea yea, I know, I did 4-Diol/Nor-Diol/1,4 Andro/1-AD and got some real decent gains, no flames ok! ). I stopped the andro last week, and all the bad zits are clearing up hella fast. And Im only getting a few tiny ones now. I figuere its still the Andro talking.

On Benzoil Peroxide : Good, but Ive found 2.5% works as well as 5-10%, without irratating the skin.
    On Benzamycin : Way better than Benzoil, because it also contains eurythromycin, but you need a Rx.

Here is my tried and true way of taking care of zits fast. Some of this may sound extreme, but if any of you guy have ever done AS, ten Im sure this wont be anything too bad, so when you see a zit coming:

1. Take a cotton ball, douce it with some alcohol. Wipe the affected area down.
    2. Take a pair of sterile gloves, and grab a new, disposable, sterile blood lancet (like the kind diabetes patients us to test blood sugar)
    3. Firmly grasp and squeeze the affected area.
    4. Prick the middle of the zit deep. Squeeze as hard as you can. Even if blood is all thats coming out, make sure you squeeze for a few good seconds.
    5. Take a steril cotton ball, and firmly hold it against your face, to stop the bleeding. This should only take a few minutes.

Gruesome ey? But it works, this is what my dermatologist showed me.

I take it a step further:
    6. Wash face immediately with a good wash, preferably an anti-bacterial one.
    7. Take one of those acne patches (Like Clean and Clear, should contain 2% Salicyc Acid, another anti-bactirial)

What youve accomplished:
    With most zits, youve basically taken out whats clogging the pore BEFORE it gets infected, minimzing inflamation. Because your using a blond lancet instead of picking at it, you :
    I. have a more sterile enviroment
    II. Make a precision incision, that heals faster without leaving a scarring

By applying the acne patch after washing your face, you give the area a steady stream of anti-bactirial to keep the healing skin from getting infected.

Trust me this works. Most zits will be gone by morning. Zits that were meant to be big, may require a few repeats of the same strategy, but will not get as bad as they would have gotten had you done things differently.

Hope this helps

Lift2Live is offline New Member
    I've used retin-a, differin, and now ive been prescribed Tazorac (tazarotene). The Tazorac is quite strong only to be applied every other day but I find it works very well, if you're willing to go get a prescription. I liked the Retin-A also but I just had samples brought home from my moms doctors office.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    I found this stuff, on ebay of all places, and it works great. I really like it, it's cheap, and leaves my skin very soft.

http://www.no-acne.com/

Boner is offline New Member
    I used Benzamicin with Retin-A twice a day and it worked wonders.

chemwalla is offline New Member

accutane

NO SOURCE POSTING.
    Last edited by EXCESS; 08-18-2002 at 04:17 PM.

chris1tr69 is offline Banned
    Great posts bro these AS pimples suck im not even on gear anymore and they wont go away..................its not terrible but still noticable ill try everything u guys listed

p0is0nth3w3ll is offline New Member
    okay. Im a FACE-A-HOLIC.. im serious. I own over twendy Acne products. Right now I'm Using PEARS Soap.. its just a Natural Facial Soap ya use. Clean And Clear Black Head Istrigent.. or however u spell it. And it just Helps keep away oil and Dirt.. and Then Panoxyl Benzoyl peroxide five. It works wonders. dont let me fool ya though.. this **** works like over Night.. BUT..My face was so burned yesterday It was hard to talk and talk about RED. And..Scaley.. its gone now =) and I love it! <33

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    a product with beta hydroxy acid/salicylic acid is also very good for acne and blackheads....like alpha hydroxys it is an exfoliator for the skin, but it is also lipid soluble..meaning it penetrates the oil in the pores and helps clear them out...a really good one that is inexpensive is from clearasil...i don't remember the exact name but it is the 'daily moisturizer' and runs slightly over 3 bucks at walmart....

Thread Information