Thread: Instant Tan???

Mr. Trenton is offline Associate Member

Instant Tan???

Hey, my girlfriend always uses that Mystic Tan or Instant 6 minute tan from Hollywood Tans after shes already tan and it makes her look really dark as if she had Protan on but without the streaks or blotches on the face. Anyway for my next show I was thinking of using this instant tan a couple time for my show instead of Protan because I think Protan is the best out there for shows but it just sucks the way it comes off. It takes like a month to get completely off your skin and it doesn't fade away, it comes off in patches and makes it look like I have a skin disease. The instant tan suppossedly just fades away after a couple of weeks. Just curious to know if anyone here has ever used it for a show and how it worked, suppossedly Jay Cutler and some other pros use it for shows. Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Trenton
    ...it just sucks the way it comes off. It takes like a month to get completely off your skin and it doesn't fade away, it comes off in patches and makes it look like I have a skin disease...
    Haven't used Mystic (or ProTan), but all self tanners can come off that way, bro...

Not saying that can be completely avoided, but I've found it sure can be minimized... exfoliate really well before you start. Use multiple coats for even coverage, then use another application every 3 or 4 days to maintain (exfoliate before every application). When you decide you no longer want the look (I personally use it almost year round), then exfoliate [b]very very[/i] well... that might not eliminate the "comes off in patches and makes it look like I have a skin disease" problem, but it should only last a day or two instead of a month.

http://www.sunless.com/application/problems.php

Thread Information