Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier
  • 1 Post By 600@50
  • 1 Post By Nogbad the bad
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Anybody ever give themselves a cortizone shot?

Budly69 is offline Junior Member

Anybody ever give themselves a cortizone shot?

Looking at doing this to help with shoulder pain. Damn docs wont give me one because theyre afraid the shoulder pain is related to a pre existing neck injury, I told them the two were unrelated but they wont listen. My rotator cuff isnt torn and my PT friend says its most likely a minor impingement that cortizone will take care of for the time being.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You could do the same thing with Rest and Ice. If it is indeed minor impingement.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Budly69 View Post
    Looking at doing this to help with shoulder pain. Damn docs wont give me one because theyre afraid the shoulder pain is related to a pre existing neck injury, I told them the two were unrelated but they wont listen. My rotator cuff isnt torn and my PT friend says its most likely a minor impingement that cortizone will take care of for the time being.
    From my experience as someone who cycles aas, nandrolone will do everything cortisone will but better for joint pain. It also eliminates the need for joint site injections required for cortisone.

I got them in my knuckles, hurt like a bitch and didn't
    last long. Deca took me out of a world of hurt from my arthritis and I mean literally made my pain nonexistent. Wheras cortisone only helped the joint it was applied to.

I believe if doctors had a clue what deca did for severe arthritis, men all over would be prescribed it.

Just so you know I am not incouraging you to cycle if you don't... blasting and crusing is MUCH BETTER!
    Lmao! Just a little joke, but seriously it has consequences... of being freaking awesome!

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Some Deca over 6 month removed a lifetime of pain in my right shoulder. One freed up I havent had to touch Deca again. Cortisone is the lesser brother to Deca for these items.
    Obs likes this.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've had significant shoulder impingement issues from heavy benching several times. What cured mine up the quickest was acupuncture. I had chronic pain for over 6 months and the acupuncture cured it in 2 visits. It's worth a try and most insurance will cover it.
    Obs likes this.

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    A pals doc told him 'off the record' that a small (100-200 mcg) of deca each week,will do a lot more good than harm
    for someone with arthritic problems.
    I believe him,based on my joint relief whilst using 200 mcg on cycle.
    Obs likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad the bad View Post
    A pals doc told him 'off the record' that a small (100-200 mcg) of deca each week,will do a lot more good than harm
    for someone with arthritic problems.
    I believe him,based on my joint relief whilst using 200 mcg on cycle.
    I agree with the statement about Deca however,

Shoulder impingement isn't a joint problem. It's literally tissue swelling and being compressed by the acromian process when I person abducts the shoulder.
    That is why icing, Rest and stretching to reduce inflammation in the rotator cuff and bursa is the strategy used.

I'm telling you guys, put a damn big bag of ice on the top of your shoulder for 20 minutes 2-3 times a day and just before bed, do it for three days and that will cure it in 90% of cases...lol
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information