• 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By guitarzan

Thread: Herniated disk leave bruise?

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Herniated disk leave bruise?

Been fighting what I've believed to be a herniated disk for around 8 months now. Tonight I noticed some bruising in the area, could this be from a herniated disk? I know I haven't done anything that would bruise the area. Hard to see in the pic, its lower right, just above waist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1358.jpg 
Views:	3528 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	170995
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Herniated disk leave bruise?-img_7440.jpg  
    Last edited by guitarzan; 11-19-2017 at 07:20 PM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    No, more likely tearing of muscle or facia
    almostgone likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Interesting. My brothers second wife had a car wreck that screwed up a disc in her back and left a permanent bruise. Was very strange looking.

Have your back muscles been tensing to the point of severe pain?

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    No, more likely tearing of muscle or facia
    Bruising is exactly how it looked when I tore my thoracolumbar fascia and erector spinae over a decade ago. Looking at it, you would think I took a bad hit to my lower back.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Bruising is exactly how it looked when I tore my thoracolumbar fascia and erector spinae over a decade ago. Looking at it, you would think I took a bad hit to my lower back.
    The disc is deep and there are several thick layers of tissue covering it. It would be hard for bruising to migrate through all that tissue. My first impression clinically would be to look for some sort of trauma or causative event.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Additionally if a disc was injured bad enough to cause superficially bruising i would think a lot of neurological sysmptoms would also be present. Most notably cauda equina, sciatica or extreme pain.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

The only thing that has puzzled me, is I'm not getting the pain shooting down my leg like I usually get with disc trouble. I definitely have off and on extreme pain, sometimes I can't stand up straight, it pulls me to one side. It started around eight months ago when my little girl jumped on my back while I was laying in the bed. I have been working through it, doing things like light squats, probably why it's not healing. Other than not having sciatica, it's pretty much been the same it's always been when I ha had a herniated disc.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    The only thing that has puzzled me, is I'm not getting the pain shooting down my leg like I usually get with disc trouble. I definitely have off and on extreme pain, sometimes I can't stand up straight, it pulls me to one side. It started around eight months ago when my little girl jumped on my back while I was laying in the bed. I have been working through it, doing things like light squats, probably why it's not healing. Other than not having sciatica, it's pretty much been the same it's always been when I ha had a herniated disc.
    I went to a bunch of chiropractors before I found one that could actually put me back in. The first one said "I am 47 years old and I can't fight your back muscles, you have a date with an ice pack."

That a hole charged me 150$ to say that.
    The one who put me back in was an old man with a custom made hydraulic table. It picked you up and turned you upside down. He rubbed my back a few minutes and the shoved down and popped me right back in. By the time I had found that guy I was literally crawling into his office. He sent me out walking upright.

My back would eventually tense back up and the disc would slip out. It made my testicles hurt like a mofo.
    Since I started lifting again my back muscles got stronger and now when my back goes out...

Little grotesque:

Right as I am about to climax during sex, I literally make my extreme lower back pop back in when I tense up.
    It actually feels great but sounds like holy hell.
    It has kept me out of the chiropractor though which is awesome.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Well fuck me with a hay rake. Got a MRI today, and it doesn't look good. It appears I have three bulging disc, and looks like my L5 may be rubbing my L4 (or whichever they are). Gotta go back to doctor to see what he says

Name:	IMG_1450.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	882.2 KB 
ID:	171041
    Last edited by guitarzan; 11-27-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Obs
    Well fuck me with a hay rake. Got a MRI today, and it doesn't look good. It appears I have three bulging disc, and looks like my L5 may be rubbing my L3 (or whichever they are). Gotta go back to doctor to see what he says

Damn that one is bad. Sorry for the bad news. Hope you recover quick

Yea, it sucks ass. The rest of me is about to explode wanting to work out, but everything seems to irritate it
    marcus300 likes this.

Obs
    Yea, it sucks ass. The rest of me is about to explode wanting to work out, but everything seems to irritate it
    I bet. It looks terrible. I just want four or five years without injury. Actually ten would be nice but we know how that goes.

Blog Entries
    Well fuck me with a hay rake. Got a MRI today, and it doesn't look good. It appears I have three bulging disc, and looks like my L5 may be rubbing my L4 (or whichever they are). Gotta go back to doctor to see what he says

Your L4-L5 disc is what concerns me. The bodies of your vertebra are reacting to the damaged disc. It’s leaking it’s inner contents (nucleus pulposis) which is acidic and causes the bone to react. That is why you see the white wedge shaped areas at the posterior of your spinal bodies. The three disc from L3-l4, L4-l5 and L5-S1 are also not healthy. If you notice that you have no white spots in the middle of the disc like you do the others. That means they are losing water content and flattening out. Your low back hasn’t been feeling good for awhile now. I’d be interested in what your doc says.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Same thing with me, when I tore my erector in high school. Looked like someone hit me with a bat up and down my spine.
    almostgone likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Thanks MS, yea it hasn't felt good in awhile. Guess squats was bad idea, huh? I will repost when after I visit doc. I feel sure he gonna send me to a spinal doc.

Name:	IMG_1453.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	171045

Sporting my new belt this morning....lol
    Obs likes this.

Also, I'm taking deca , hoping it'll help. Is there a better choice for collagen synthesis like you mentioned in another thread? Maybe eq? I'm also taking collagen powder three times a day, plus fish and coconut oil
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Also, I'm taking deca, hoping it'll help. Is there a better choice for collagen synthesis like you mentioned in another thread? Maybe eq? I'm also taking collagen powder three times a day, plus fish and coconut oil
    You can afford hgh. I am betting your doc may offer surgery. If he does I would have a gallon of hgh waiting.
    Hgh has been proven to shorten healing time by a half in some cases. Other than that deca and tb-500 peptide is praised for healing by many. Deca in my mind is good for pain and inflammation only and doesn't actually heal anything. I take deca or npp all the time now even with trt because of my RA. Tb-500 is something I have no experience with but have read many mixed reviews.

You are looking vascular tarzan. Thats a good sign you are reaching your goals in a hurry.

Yea, I started tb 500 about six weeks ago. I'm currently taking 2 iu's of gh, I think I'm gonna double the amount.

Thanks for the compliment, not gonna let a few fucked up disc put me down!
    Obs likes this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks MS, yea it hasn't felt good in awhile. Guess squats was bad idea, huh? I will repost when after I visit doc. I feel sure he gonna send me to a spinal doc.
    I would demand it actually...

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    its more then likely going to require surgery .

option 1 is going to be an L4 L5 discectomy /Lamenectomy , they cut a piece of the lamena (bone) out of the way then they cut the bulge out of the disc.

option 2 , L4 L5 S1 spinal fusion surgery , they cut all 3 discs out completely (you will no longer have discs between the area of the lumbar spine) and fill that area in with a bone like material that cannot bulge out. in order for this material to be held together they wrap your spine with a cage, then they take 6 giant screws and drill 3 into each side and then attach brackets that will hold a titanium rod together on each side . this completely fuses this part of the spine. it becomes one solid piece of hardware

I've had 4 back surgeries , including both options above. I feel for you brother . but the sooner you get fixed up the sooner you will be on the road to recovery
    Obs likes this.

Thanks GH. Yea, that's not what I wanna hear..lol
    I suppose "fixing" it naturally is out of the question? Decompression, taking collagen and other supplements, strengthening core, stretching.......yea, guess I need to stop the wishful thinking. Still waiting to see the doctor.

What I really wanna hear is I need to take compounds that increase collagen synthesis. Maybe a deca , eq and hgh cycle......
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    its more then likely going to require surgery .

option 1 is going to be an L4 L5 discectomy /Lamenectomy , they cut a piece of the lamena (bone) out of the way then they cut the bulge out of the disc.

option 2 , L4 L5 S1 spinal fusion surgery , they cut all 3 discs out completely (you will no longer have discs between the area of the lumbar spine) and fill that area in with a bone like material that cannot bulge out. in order for this material to be held together they wrap your spine with a cage, then they take 6 giant screws and drill 3 into each side and then attach brackets that will hold a titanium rod together on each side . this completely fuses this part of the spine. it becomes one solid piece of hardware

I've had 4 back surgeries , including both options above. I feel for you brother . but the sooner you get fixed up the sooner you will be on the road to recovery
    Do you still squat after your surgeries and deadlift?

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Yea, I was wondering how did it affect your mobility.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if I never did another deadlift, but I love squats
    Obs likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I'm only about 8 months removed from the spinal fusion surgery , so I'm still under dr restrictions and not allowed to squat or dead lift right now . I will use a belted squat machine with light weight and do that though or use an SSB and squat holding onto a rack. once I get the clearing from my doc that all the bone material is grown and fused together, you bet I'll be back to squat and DL .

mobility is limited due to all the brackets and screws, but its mainly a twisting mobility limit (so it would effects things like golf, but not weight lifting)
    Obs and guitarzan like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I'm only about 8 months removed from the spinal fusion surgery , so I'm still under dr restrictions and not allowed to squat or dead lift right now . I will use a belted squat machine with light weight and do that though or use an SSB and squat holding onto a rack. once I get the clearing from my doc that all the bone material is grown and fused together, you bet I'll be back to squat and DL .

mobility is limited due to all the brackets and screws, but its mainly a twisting mobility limit (so it would effects things like golf, but not weight lifting)
    With already limited arm mobility of a bigger guy, I am betting wiping ones ass would be a chore from hell after a surgery like that.
    guitarzan likes this.

Good thing I'm not a golfer

Saw a specialist, he said it's my facet joints rubbing that's causing the pain. He's gonna give shots to numb them, to make sure, and if that's it I will need surgery to trim them so they don't hit
    Obs and marcus300 like this.

Thread Information