Thread: acne wont quit

bigal81 is offline New Member

acne wont quit

Ive been off for 8 weeks now and my upper back and shoulders keeps breaking out. What the fuck is up. Will tanning help dry out the skin and clear it up? Thanks for any suggestions.

Bigal

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    Ya tanning would help dry out the acne but try viatiman C with it .

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I've heard putting betadyne (or the povodine from Wal-Mart, same stuff) on your skin and letting it sit for a minute before you shower will help.
    We used it in the military to sanitize dog bowls (one cup to a large tub of water) so I guess it zaps bacteria, which is what causes the most aggravating two types of acne (cystic and something else, I forget); the 3rd type of acne is pretty much just blackheads and whiteheads.
    You could try this for a while and see if it helps.
    Tetracycline is prescribed for acne, and sometimes it works really well, sometimes not at all, just depends on your body chemistry. Usually takes a month or so to start seeing results.
    Something else I read on a dermatologist website is that you don't want to use a scrub brush on your zits. Just use a regular bar of soap and your hands, and that's it. Scrub brushes and loofahs irritate the skin and make things worse (so I got rid of mine) . . .
    Tea Tree oil (mix some in a bottle of water and dab it on) is supposed to work, too. Can't vouch for it, haven't tried it, but it seems to have a pretty good rep. You might try that for a month and see what happens . . .
    Oh yeah, and they (the dermatologist web site) said sunlight didn't help at all, don't recall why.
    --Tock

bedrocked is offline Junior Member
    have you tried just putting benzoyl peroxide (oxy) on them?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, get a wash with salacylic acid, like neutrogena acne wash, then use oxy on them. that should take care of it, backne usually is pretty quick to fix.

bigal81 is offline New Member
    Im gonna give it a shot guys.........Its not horrible im just not used to it. I get it on my shoulders to. Actually I think its starting to lighten up. Im Scared to go back on cuz it might get worse. Ill run some oxy with my next cycle.lol...thanks guys

richy_boi is offline New Member
    try staying off the fatty foods, and to many complex carbs, get onto brwn rice, brwn bread, instead of that refined stuff. ZINC is important, and EXFOLIATING to get away the dead skin that's cloggin your pores. SUNTANNING is real good too, only coz it hides the blemishes with a tan. Also there is a HERB called, SAW PALMETTO use 100mg three times a day to help with sebum.

Richo

p0is0nth3w3ll is offline New Member
    Ya probably already got some replies but I've had a bitch of a time keeping my face clear. And Panoxyl BenzoylPeroxide Is So rock on. I mean it Dries the **** outta your skin and may make it red, but if ya use it before bed you make up and its like Whoa. My face was Clear.. I almost had a freaking heartattack =)

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    yea i'd back the panoxyl, that stuff works wonders, it'll really dry you out tho, also my dermatolgist told me that tanning could lead to not so nice looking marks on your face later on in life, i dont know, just something to think about

Thread Information