Thread: No Facial Hair

ross3814 is offline Member

No Facial Hair

This is a strange one guys. I am 20 years old in a month and I dont grow facial hair. Yea Yea funny. But its not like I didnt go through puberty, its just that I dont grow facial hair except for the 13 year olds mustache every 4 days. I have hair on my legs and all I just dont grow facial hair.wtf? My dad does grow it though. Is there some kind of delayed stage here or something?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    This is a strange one guys. I am 20 years old in a month and I dont grow facial hair. Yea Yea funny. But its not like I didnt go through puberty, its just that I dont grow facial hair except for the 13 year olds mustache every 4 days. I have hair on my legs and all I just dont grow facial hair.wtf? My dad does grow it though. Is there some kind of delayed stage here or something?
    i could grow a beard when i was 19...some of my friends who are 22 still couldn't grow any to save their life.

your hormones dictate when the follicles will start growing, so it could be another 4 years...if you get hair on your chest, stomach, and back, the facial hair will be coming soon.

as soon as i had hair on my chest pop up the hair on the face was not far behind. all you can do is wait it out.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't complain bro, I hate shaving. It's a pain in the ass. I don't know how woman shave their legs almost everyday. I would go nuts.

Calipso is offline Banned Post Whore
    Dude it's like this. Before I went into the US Navy. I shaved once every 1 1/2 weeks and even if I didn't I'd look clean. Shaving everyday in boot camp and on my base.....2 years later. If I don't shave every day or two my face looks really grizzly. I'm only 20 and heres the tip.

The more you shave, the faster it grows back. No BS. That applies with other hair on your body especially pubic.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    dame bro your lucky i started shaving when i was 15 yo and i get stubully after a half day

Ok it sounds like I am not he only one who this has happened too.

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    Dude it's like this. Before I went into the US Navy. I shaved once every 1 1/2 weeks and even if I didn't I'd look clean. Shaving everyday in boot camp and on my base.....2 years later. If I don't shave every day or two my face looks really grizzly. I'm only 20 and heres the tip.

The more you shave, the faster it grows back. No BS. That applies with other hair on your body especially pubic.
    I heard that was a myth though.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ross3814
    I heard that was a myth though.
    yea that is crap.

some people just dont grow hair in certain places. you are lucky i am thinking about getting my face lasered so sick of having to shave everyday

sublang is offline Junior Member
    Don't feel bad bro. I'm 27 and I still can't grow thick facial hair. I'm hoping my first cycle of Test @ 500mg/wk will help me out. I've heard that it is inherited from your mother's dad, but I don't know for sure. However, I can also verify that after shaving everyday for 2 months in boot camp, I also had facial hair come in thicker.

The Influence Testosterone on Hair Growth
    Testosterone encourages both facial and body hair growth, and men with increased testosterone levels tend to have more abundant, coarser facial hair. During youth, when testosterone production is highest, facial hair grows fastest. As testosterone levels decrease with age, so does the rate of hair growth

Will shaving make my beard grow back thicker?
    No.

In an article titled "On beards, no beards, and other hairy problems" in the April 1972 issue of Science Digest, Dr. Herbert Mescon, then professor and chairman of the department of dermatology at Boston University was quoted as saying: "There are a number of myths about shaving. It is not true that shaving makes whiskers darker or coarser or grow faster."

In the October 1963 issue of Science Digest, an article titled "What happens when you shave" included the following:

Does shaving make your hair grow faster?

Shaving has no permanent effect on the rate of hair growth, says Dr. Howard T. Behrman. Writing in the Journal of the American Medical Association, Dr. Behrman notes that although there is an immediate increase in the rate of hair growth after shaving, this increase is followed by a decrease within the next few hours. The net effect of a shave on the rate of growth, therefore, is zero.

Dr. Behrman also says cutting or shaving the hair does not make it darker or coarser. However, a hair shaft is darker and coarser at the root than at the tip, and cutting it near the root makes the hair appear darker and coarser.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    TEST will make me have a hairy back?????

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    TEST will make me have a hairy back?????
    Quite possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    Quite possibly.

it could happen

mfenske is offline Member
    Posted by ross3814 - 09-15-2003 at 07:50 PM
    Well Ross, I can relate to this one. I am almost 25 and if I don't shave for a few days my face is just prickly blonde. What I recommend you do is to let the mustache get as long as you can (i.e. child molester stash), then grow a mullet, buy a Camaro, move to Wisconsin, and be a cool dude. Seriously though, maybe we'll both wake up one morning with a full beard. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Well Ross, I can relate to this one. I am almost 25 and if I don't shave for a few days my face is just prickly blonde. What I recommend you do is to let the mustache get as long as you can (i.e. child molester stash), then grow a mullet, buy a Camaro, move to Wisconsin, and be a cool dude. Seriously though, maybe we'll both wake up one morning with a full beard. Mark
    HAHAHAHAHA wow that is great advise. this is an old thread, im suprised its still bumpin. well im on test now so...mabey this will change.

Thread Information