tryingtogain is offline Member

im having trouble tanning at the salon

im having trouble tanning at the salon. ive been able to go up to the advanced beds wich are expensive and no i dont even burn on the advanced beds. but i never seem to get more tan though. im confused ive made it the advanced beds were i dont get red but then the next day and the next im still pale white and ive been tanning everyother day since mid auguest. whats happenin and ive been goin in for 20 min. by the way im not albino i have dark brown hair. also ive leaned my arms on the lamps and since day one my arms have never gotton red or even a little tan at all. my stomach got a little tan but its like nothing still very white whats wrong, help please

also i have another question i have these pills that help treat acne but i havnt been taking them but it says it will make me burn easier should i take those before tanning since the tanning beds i don tthink help me much and im still white

Kato is offline Member
    Are you tanning nekkid?

jollyroger is offline New Member
    Reading your threads concerning tanning I don't think it out of line to perhaps forget about getting a natural tan. Or maybe, get a spray on tan. Just my .02.

yes im tanning naked but im thinking about governing my stuff down below with a towel or something but yea i dont know why i havnt been tannin as well though i mean i have dark hair so i sould have melanin

Kato is offline Member
    If your tanning nekkid than you don't have any lines to really tell how tan your getting. Right?

i tan nakked but i went out in the sun today and i have some color but im still pale ass white i think

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    I used to go to the tanning beds all the time, and put on no color. Started spending weekends outside once summer hit, and I tanned right out. For some reason the bulbs in the tanning salon just don't work for me... maybe that's your problem.

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Try eating a lot of carrots for a while, that's supposed to help give your skin the tanned color! Anyway they taste good.

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    what kind of lotion are you using? dry skin doesn't tan at all.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I have had similar problems and I'm not an albino either. I have tried every damn bed they have. I have recently changed to a lotion with a tingler and it helps a little.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to work construction and get black as hell now I have an office job, and dont get any sun. So I go to the beds at first I didnt tan either. I got a good a tan accelerator called smoke and tan 60 min a week and Im actually darker than I was working in the sun all day. I was told that its some amino in it or something

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I think whether you get a good tan or not is purly genetic. Last year I laid in the tanning bed for nearly 3 straight months, and got a tan that a lot of my friends got in a few weeks

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Try a different tanning place. My guess is that the place you are going is not cleaning or changing thier bulbs. If bad enough, this would account for what you describe. You can also request a bed or booth with new bulbs.

thanks guys for the repllies. i go tanning about 30 or 60 min a week. sometimes advanced beds sometimes regular beds.i used a tingler lotion but it gave me a rash so i just use regular lotion. ill try the lotion someone mentioned earlier in this thread. so that means if your skin is dry it wont tan? wonder why but thanks guys

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogain
    thanks guys for the repllies. i go tanning about 30 or 60 min a week. sometimes advanced beds sometimes regular beds.i used a tingler lotion but it gave me a rash so i just use regular lotion. ill try the lotion someone mentioned earlier in this thread. so that means if your skin is dry it wont tan? wonder why but thanks guys
    The lotion has two properties. The first is to BLOCK the UV rays. Check the SPF factor. If it is high you should reduce it, because obviously is is blocking out the rays to tan you. The process of sun tanning is really not healthy. Basicly you are burning you scin. Too fast its a painful burn, hence the uuse of lotion. Fair skinned people should use a higher SPF factor and dark skinned people only need a lower. But to reiterate, the lotion slows the tanning process by fltering out some of the rays.

The other feture that the lotion has is a moisturizing or hydrating feature. That is a good thing. If you don't burn you can alos do this by using lubraderm right AFTER you tan.

technotan is offline New Member

Spray on tan, spray tan at TEchnotan

If you are looking for a spray on tan or spray tan solutions, visit Technotan. Technotan is a spray on tan company based in Banjup, Western Australia. Technotan provides tanning booths and other various spray tan products.

The products are very good! Has existed for 2.5 years and never receive such complaints. If you would like to book for a spray on tan, visit http://www.technotan.com.au

Technotan has exported its products to 6 different countries, New Zealand, UK, USA, Holland and Polland.

---
    Spray on tan, spray tan at Technotan
    http://www.technotan.com.au

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nice advertisement.

~SC~

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogain
    What do you mean by "regular lotion"?
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    I used to work construction and get black as hell now I have an office job, and dont get any sun. So I go to the beds at first I didnt tan either. I got a good a tan accelerator called smoke and tan 60 min a week and Im actually darker than I was working in the sun all day. I was told that its some amino in it or something
    It has dha bronzer in it that is giving the bronze color, smells great does'nt it I would recomend x bronzer from california tan, doesn't stain as much.Pricey though.

insanepump621 is offline Member
    Yo you should try different tanning lotions or not tanning so much every other day ur so adapted to it probably take some time off then go in again or just go in... in ur boxers and roll them all the up so you might see a difference and if you can adjust it on the type of tan you get if you havent tried that already

beachbum28 is offline Associate Member
    It's not the lamps, it's you! Well it could be the lamps if they haven't changed them in over 1000 hours. You said that you are using the advanced beds for 20 min? Advanced beds are not 20 min beds, those are base beds usually 100 watts. Advanced beds are usually 40 + lamps starting at 160 watts. No--- lotion will not hinder a tan unless it has sunscreen in it which would defeat your purpose in the first place. Dry skin won't tan that well. Use a good lotion, drink lots of water, start in a 20 bed for 2 weeks to stimulate your melanin levels, and then advance to a 160 watt bed for a month, then to a bronzing bed such as the 220 watt cyclone. I am in the business, and have been for 15 years so take my words of wisdom my friend!

lil'Taylor is offline Tied up by WEBB
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Try a different tanning place. My guess is that the place you are going is not cleaning or changing thier bulbs. If bad enough, this would account for what you describe. You can also request a bed or booth with new bulbs.
    true, ask them when they changed their bulbs last.. according to SmartTan they are to be changed every 700 hours. Also, I saw someone who said that the lotions block the UV rays... if your buying your lotion specially made for tanning beds, they dont have ANY SPF in them..

If your not burning, and using good lotion, you should be tanning.. if not.. there's another factor here...

~Taylor - SmartTan Certified

Thread Information