bermich is offline Anabolic Member

ways around a dermatologist pres'???

Was wondering if anyone had ways around this. Is there a website that sells benza and such without prescripts?
    If so could you PM me if this is considered a source post or whatever.

lasyone1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Was wondering if anyone had ways around this. Is there a website that sells benza and such without prescripts?
    If so could you PM me if this is considered a source post or whatever.
    Why can't you go to the Dermatologist?
    I can understand not wanting the DR. to know your on juice
    ect. But if this is the reason I would suggest going to the Dr.
    anyway. Most of the non-topical medicine (pills) they give are extremly
    toxic to the liver and if combined with gear could really mess up your
    liver for good. Most of the time the Dr will make you do blood work to
    test the effect of the drug on your liver, this would be benifical in two
    ways. 1) for the acne drug 2) to see how your liver is from juice
    (assuming your a regular user) To me, it would be good to see how your
    liver is holding up anyway. This might not even be the reason, but if it is
    I'm just giving you something to think about.
    Good luck on your search!!
    Lasyone1

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    Gotta agree with Lasyone, some anti-acne meds are very, very harsh on your liver. Some are not. Accutane, for example, is harsh on just about everything. It works, but your liver gets a workout, and you shouldn't go out into the sun or have any skin work done (waxing, tattoos, laser procedures, etc.), and to top it off, it increases intra-cranial pressure, so imagine doing squats and your brain is just getting pounded. Retin-A is a very close cousin to Accutane but is topical.

Antibiotics, such as Tetracycline, are better on your liver, but also have the same skin photosensitivity issues. They also may or may not work for your problem. Clindamycin is another topical antibiotic that you see a lot for acne cases, which is pretty easy on the rest of your body. However, if the acne is on your back, it may not be that easy to get the Clindamycin there in the first place.

Benzoyl Peroxide ("Benza") is pretty easy to get from a doctor, and is also pretty easy on the body. There is a combo drug out there called Benza-Clin that has the Benzoyl Peroxide combined with the Clindamycin in one product.

Normally general practice doctors will prescribe Benza-Clin without a dermatology consult, because it's considered a "first line" acne med. Most won't ask too many questions, if you just tell them you get it on and off all of your life, and this has worked in the past. A quick exam, and you are on your way.

If you want Retin-A, Accutane, or other potent anti-acne meds, you will most likely need to go to a derm doctor. If you do, you had better be damn honest with him about the gear, because if he doesn't figure it out, and he gives you something like accutane, you could be in the hurt locker real damn fast. Or, the other problem is he will do a blood test before hand to see how your liver is doing, he will see its out of whack, and assume you drink too much. Then not only do you not get your Accutane, but you have to listen to him go on and on about AA meetings....

Anyway, hope this helps!

ndd

Thread Information