Valmont is offline Banned

How many times do you tan

during the winter months?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I have a year round natural tan.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    once a week........usually
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Hanken is offline New Member
    ive also been wondering about this, dont you worry about cancer?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/halsa/...376901,00.html

this is a article from a swedish newspaper telling about a norwegian-swedish study that shows women get a 55% increase of cancer when tanning one or more times per month compared to women that dont tan at all.

does anyone know the limit?
    ive heard or read somewere that 6 times per year is enough.

also read that most sunscreens (correct?) dont protect against cancerrays from the sun.

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    bro, from what i've read, due to a test here in america, women and men who tan on a regular basis (i.e. not every day, but correctly) have a reduced chance for breast cancer, and skin cancer. I have read this many times, but it could be biased.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It depends what's gong on......... If I'm on a cycle then I will tan 3 times a week to keep from breaking out...... but when I'm off once a week is all I need summer or winter.

mass junkie is offline banned
    I try to lay out for at least 45 minutes 3 times a week..........its hard for my white ass to keep a tan

Gymweasel is offline New Member
    Ive been tanning twenty minutes a day, five days a week for about 4 months. Problem is its ruined my skin. I have big circular patches on my chest and back that are lighter than everywhere else...not attractive!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I work outside so I get the sunglass tan around my eyes during the fall and winter season so I try to tan 2x a week for 20 minutes at a time during those seasons.

Summer time I am always tan.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    bro, from what i've read, due to a test here in america, women and men who tan on a regular basis (i.e. not every day, but correctly) have a reduced chance for breast cancer, and skin cancer. I have read this many times, but it could be biased.
    Actually, pretty much all the studies i've read have said that any tanning at all significantly increases risk for skin cancer in both men and women. I've seen a few contradictory studies, but not many, and also not the best-run studies. Never heard about breast cancer though, that'd be interesting.

And sunscreen reduces the risk of skin cancer by a huge amount...it blocks the harmful uva and uvb rays...however, you certainly won't tan if you're wearing sunscreen...

screw it...i'm white as hell, but i tan whenever i can - despite knowing the dangers...

Jeremy34 is offline Member
    I tan year round, change it up for how dark I want to be. During the summer, around 4-5 times a week, but during the winter, once or twice a week will keep it up pretty good. My girlfriend has worked at a tanning salon for about 3 years, and her main advice is to make sure and put moisturizing lotion on after every tan. Will help keep the tan, as well as possibly help minimize stretch marks from working out.

J

Thread Information