bermich is offline Anabolic Member

Does insurance pay for gyno surgery?

Well would it? Or is it considered cosmetic. I saw a post with someone saying insurance was covering it.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Damn bermich that's a good question..............just for the heck of it I'm going to see what my insurance company says. What insurance do you have?

Farmer is offline Member
    From what I hear the answer most of the time is no. The reason is most insurance companies look at the surgery as comsmetic so it isn't covered..my 2 cents

Peace

Farmer

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    In Canada it does.

FmRommel is offline Member
    Most of the time no....but a few people have gotten away with at least most of it paid for....

FM

ou812 is offline New Member
    yes,if you had medical records showing that you had a problem when growing up.like me,i have gland problems(painful nipples) when growing up.my DR. has records,just got to get time off work to have surgery.
    if you have a problem now talk to your DR. about having the gland remove for testing.inform him that it is real painful to lay on and you are worried that it maybe something badly wrong.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    with gyno u have an increased chance of breast cancer so if ur doc is cool with u he could argue that u may have a chance of gettin it especially if cancer run in tha family.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on your insurance. Most will not cover it because it's considered to be cosmetic. Like Musclehead said, if your doctor words it right, it will be covered. Nothing can be mentioned about a pontential cause, it has to be a mystery and it has to be stressed as being something that may turn dangerous. Only problem is some insurers may insist on a biopsy before okaying the surgery. That's why it has to be stressed as imperitive to move quickly. If any pontential cause is noted, they'll have ammo to deny you. Some insurance covers cosmetic surgery, some will offset the costs.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    It is cosmetic bro.. Insurance don't pay for it... s*ks

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    It really depends on your insurance, and the cause. If yours is caused by AS then no it wont be covered. But if its natural, then there is a slight chance that it might be covered. I was lucky, my insurance covered part of it. But still it left a big hole in my wallet.
    QUOTE=bermich]Well would it? Or is it considered cosmetic. I saw a post with someone saying insurance was covering it.[/QUOTE]

cewing is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg_28
    It really depends on your insurance, and the cause. If yours is caused by AS then no it wont be covered. But if its natural, then there is a slight chance that it might be covered. I was lucky, my insurance covered part of it. But still it left a big hole in my wallet.
    QUOTE=bermich]Well would it? Or is it considered cosmetic. I saw a post with someone saying insurance was covering it.
    [/QUOTE]

Your doctor can help you out with that if he tells the insurance company that the gyno is causing considerable pain...which it very well could be. Make **** sure you don't exert yourself after surgery. I ****ed up my right nipple and will forever have a problem.

2beliften is offline New Member
    Insurance covered mine,all of it .Talk to your Dr. there other medical reasons that are covered they will find one.

Thread Information