Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Big Rush's ACCUTANE journal...

5/12/03

Got my Accutane today....20 40mg pills (Roche). Took my first pill tonight. Got a few zits on my face and several big ones on my back. Not much to write about just yet but i plan on undating this weekly or whenever soemthing important happens. Also got my bloodwork done, don't have the specific results, but everything was cool except for my Triglyceride level which was 375, but i had a protein shake before the test and thats what apparently through it off. My dc is cool and he Prescribed Accutane anyway. I will keep this thread updated for the next 6 months or whenever I'm done. I hope this shit works! I'm so stoked to be on it!

HeavyDuty2 is offline New Member

Side Effect

Just be aware the your zits will actually get worse before they begin to clear up and go away. Don't worry, its a sign there'e kicking in & begining to work. Your Dr should have told you this though?

Re: Side Effect

Originally posted by HeavyDuty2
    Just be aware the your zits will actually get worse before they begin to clear up and go away. Don't worry, its a sign there'e kicking in & begining to work. Your Dr should have told you this though?
    yes, i know this...can you give an estimate on when this will begin to happen at 40mg ED?

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    ITS GOING TO WORO, NO QUESTION. THE STUFF WORKED WONDERS FOR ME AND SOME BROS IM CLOSE WITH. YOU'LL BE HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    ou'll start to see improvement at around 5 weeks, thsts how it worked for me.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Good idea of doing an accutane journal...lots of people have questions. But shouldn't we move this into the new AR SPA?

durbin22 is offline Member
    For me it took about a month before it started to get worse. After that it only gets better.

Originally posted by majorpecs
    Good idea of doing an accutane journal...lots of people have questions. But shouldn't we move this into the new AR SPA?
    i wasn't sure where to start it...the lounge didn't seem appropriate, so the AS forum was the best i thought...MODS, please feel free to move this thread if need be...also, i like the idea of putting this thread in the spa if you all feel it necessary....

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i seen improvements at week 3 and then cleared up right away.. the shit rocks

5/14/03

its day three and i already feel myself "drying up", although i am still using benzoyl peroxide wash 5% 2-3 times per day...i will do this until i can't any more....my lips are starting to become dry as well as my eyes and nose....here is a quick run down of all the meds i have to help me:

-Hypo Tears for eyes
    -Ayr Saline Nasal mist for nose
    -Cetaphil moisturizing lotion for face
    -Blistex Complete moisture chapstick for lips
    -Johnson and Johnson moisturizing face wash

i am on 40mg ED for 6 months or so....this is day 3
    Last edited by Big Rush; 05-14-2003 at 01:02 PM.

HeavyDuty2, monstercojones, majorpecs, durbin, FI, and any other bro who has taken accutane and reads this thread...can you all check this thread every so often for the next 6 months whenever you are on because i will probably have alot of questions and need the support of good bros from AR who have gone through the same thing...it is much easier than starting a new thread everytime i have a new question...thanks for the support brothers!!!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    The only sides i had was my skin felt a little dry and my lips were a tiny bit dryer but i never needed any lip balm or anthing like that. I took 80mg ed and had no probs for 5 months.

HeavyDuty2 is offline New Member

Zits

Originally posted by Big Rush
    HeavyDuty2, monstercojones, majorpecs, durbin, FI, and any other bro who has taken accutane and reads this thread...can you all check this thread every so often for the next 6 months whenever you are on because i will probably have alot of questions and need the support of good bros from AR who have gone through the same thing...it is much easier than starting a new thread everytime i have a new question...thanks for the support brothers!!!

No problem will do!.....Just PM me if you have any questions......

HD2

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Hey Big Rush---I am on accutane right now, about to finish my fifth month in two weeks...I tell you bro, this stuff is wonder thing! First 3.5 months I thought it sucked, but now its working wonders, my face is clear of zits, I have a little one near my chin but thats about it, I just have the redness around...good luck, dont get frustrated thats all.

Originally posted by tolinka
    Hey Big Rush---I am on accutane right now, about to finish my fifth month in two weeks...I tell you bro, this stuff is wonder thing! First 3.5 months I thought it sucked, but now its working wonders, my face is clear of zits, I have a little one near my chin but thats about it, I just have the redness around...good luck, dont get frustrated thats all.
    how long before it dried you out? this is day three and i can feel my eyes, nose, and face becoming dryer....also, when did you face break out the worst? first month or so? when did the zits really strat to leave? this is going to be a long journey for big rush, but i'm stil excited to hopefully be rid of acne forever!!!!!!!

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush

how long before it dried you out? this is day three and i can feel my eyes, nose, and face becoming dryer....also, when did you face break out the worst? first month or so? when did the zits really strat to leave? this is going to be a long journey for big rush, but i'm stil excited to hopefully be rid of acne forever!!!!!!!
    1- It took less then one week to start drying me out, my eyes werent dry, but my face cheeks and lips start getting dryer and dryer, it will get only worse..nothing to worry though

2- I know every one breaks out diffrently at first, it took me about 3 weeks and lasted for abouta month and a half.

3- My zits started to fade on the 3rd month, but I started to notice a big diffrence on 4th month only.

4- Good luck.

thanks tolinka!

5/26/03

thought i would give a little update 14 days after my first dose. still at 40mg ED. the only real side effects are dryer lips (not near as bad as i anticipated), slightly dryer eyes and nose, but hardly noticable at this point. now for the good news...the acne i already had had pretty much dried up and no bigger, newer ones have formed, only smaller, less noticable ones...also, my skin isdryer and not near as oily as normal and i am using Johnson & Johnson sensitive face cleanser 2-3 times a day...so far so good

Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Bump...

Keep them updates comin

chevy44 is offline Member
    im in my 5th month, and my vision is going down the drain! everything is blurry almost all the time, i used to have 20/16 vision ( i think thats right) and now i have 20/30! im not taking anything else so im blaming the accutane. but my face looks amazing

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    is there an acne med out there that doesn't make you flare up first?

popa is offline Senior Member
    not many if any

6/3/03

still dry...no really bad sides yet...i will keep this thread updated

I know this thread is not a journal for my experiences, but I figured I'd throw in an update anyways.

Day 6, all is well. Skin is definitely drier (already!) especially around my nose. No breakouts. In fact, my skin is pretty damn clear right now. If this keeps up, I'll be very happy

jclar069 is offline New Member
    I have done accutane once before (about two years ago) at 40mg ED for three months and 60mg ED for a fourth month. My experiences match those of tolinka almost exactly. It took a few weeks before the breakouts reached their peak and then lasted like that (OMG) for about six weeks. I only noticed them returning to "normal" acne after the third month. The fourth month saw gradual improvement until i was going whole weeks without a single zit. I thought to myself: "Damn this shit rocks!"

Problem: Three months later, the acne gradually returned. Not quite as bad as before, but still daily. Not huge ones, but enough to bother me. I have sought to go back on it (it sometimes takes a few kicks at it) for two years now but due to elevated liver enzymes (for various reasons, none of which are related to oral AS because I've never taken them, oral or otherwise) I was unable to secure it with doctor's prescription.

I currently use minocycline (it's a once a day ED) and proactive and supplement with beta carotene and vitamin A. This "stack" ensures that I get a zit once every 3-4 days but the financial cost is fairly high.

I'm currently desperately trying to secure myself another bout of accutane by whatever means possible. I'm that pissed about it.

6/20/03

well, it's been approximately 5 weeks since i started....went to the derm wed. he noticed my triglyceride levels were really high (475), but he also said its very normal for this to happen on accutane....unfortunately he tempoaraily cut my dose in half from 40mg ED to 40mg EOD, but just for the next 3-4 weeks...hopefully my levels will return to normal or close to normal so i can get the bigger dose....the doc told me it will still have the same overall effect taking EOD, i will just probably have to be on it longer than the originally planned 6 month period.....

also, may face has never been clearer, even though i have a few small ones which dry up in a day or two...the big ones are non-existent....i love this shit!!!!!!!! so far, the worst side effect i have experieneced is drier lips....

7/20/03

well, i figured it was time for an update....i saw the derm a wekk or two ago and my triglyceride levels are still fairly high, but lower than they wer...i am still on 40mg EOD and probably will be for the next 5-6 months or so....still no really bad side effects yet. My back hurts easier which makes workouts harder, but nothing i can't handle. Also, dry lips. I haven't had a nosebleed yet...I will keep this updated....

Right on, good to see you still updating this thread. My results are similar to yours.. far far less acne, but really dry lips Are you putting anything on yours that helps? I'm open to suggestions..

8/21/03

i have my next derm. appt. scheduled for 8/25.....i will give an update after that date.....still no serious side effects and my face has cleared up so much....just wanted to give a quick update....i will be getting my blood drawn again friday....wish me luck

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Big Rush .. anyway we could get an update? I'm curious to see how you are doing?

sober is offline New Member
    BigRush BUMP for an update....thanks

10/22/03

God i'm a slacker...sorry for the shitty updates...okay let me fill you all in:

i have moved to a new state, and of course changes dermatologists. my original derm. actually dropped my dose down to 40mg twice a week (every 3 days)!!! he said my triglycerides were too high, but everything else looked good. well, to make a long story short, to start my 4th month, my new derm. prescribed me 40mg everyday right off the bat. i was shocked with joy to say the least. well, i am now in my 5th month and the derm. told me to stop taking the accutane for 5 weeks just to see how my face reacts to not being on it. he said in 5 weeks he will probably put me on differin gel. he said that diff. gel helpd to keep the pores unclogged after accutane therapy, or something to that effect. i get a small zit occassionally, but nothing like it was before. i loved the shit!!! i recommend it to anyone who has moderate to severe acne. i will keep everyone posted on the next few weeks.....oh ya, and the only side physical side effects thus far have been:

mild nose bleeds
    achy back (but not too bad)
    dry lips (the worst side effect, but not unbearable)
    slighly dry face (but not to the point where i need lotion)

one more thing, i do not recommend or condone this for anyone, but i have probably gotten drunk at least 50-60 times since i have been on it in the last 5 months. at first this concerned me, but my doc told me that in all his years of practice, he has never seen or even heard of anyone experiencing serious liver problems due to accutane and or alcohol consumption together...although, he did not condone it of course...i have also been out in the sun several times and let me tell you, i burned MUCh easier and the tan goes away pretty quickly...
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Big Rush; 10-22-2003 at 11:07 PM.

Thread Information