Humanimal is offline Junior Member

I haven't sh!t in days

Hey bros, if any of you can seriously help with this it would be appreciated. My girlfriend for some reason goes for days w/o going #2. She's tried all the colon cleanse this and that as well as the psyllium husk caps and detox supps, etc. She saw a doc for it and they said she had pockets in her intestines or something, and that there is nothing really wrong. Anybody have experience with this or know what to do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mexican food...
    Chili and beer...

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Seriously... I'm not really sure. Is she taking any medication that might be causing it... like pain meds.

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    i have a friend who doesn't go for a week at a time without the aid of some kind of laxatives and/or massive amounts of fiber....anyway...to offer an answer...if one doctor didn't give me a satisfactory answer i would definitely seek out another opinion in such an important matter..remember doctors don't equal god...no offense to docs, i know they school for years and work hard but i'm just saying that i wouldn't hesitate to ask more than one if the situation warranted it...

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    Prunes, muesli, fig rolls etc or something called lactulose can all help

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanimal
    She saw a doc for it and they said she had pockets in her intestines or something, and that there is nothing really wrong. Anybody have experience with this or know what to do about it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Well, I believe what your doctor is referring to is whats known as diverticulosis which is actually a disease where pockets can form in the large intestine. What happens is food gets caught in these pockets and causes the mucosa (the lining) of the intestine to become inflamed. As far as I am concerned, these pockets are normally the result of an OVERALL diet low in fiber. So what I suggest is an alteration of diet...not medication/pills.

Foods I would suggest to implement into her diet could include: whole grain and bran cereals, fresh vegetables etc...I find it interesting how even the smallest of things can cause what you are desribing. Interesting enough, I have heard cases of the seeds from strawberries instigating this problem.

I hope this helps.

Thread Information