Thread: Shaving chest

profbiv is offline Associate Member

Shaving chest

Now that I finally got a ripped chest! How do I shave without getting the bumps in a few days? (That’s what happened last time I did this)

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Definitely recommend you use baby oil in the shower right after you shave. I use it all over my body for that silky smooth feeling

I'm not a fan of putting rubbing alcohol on anything after I shave.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    You may want to consider waxing as an alternative or perhaps a Nair type product for men. Nair will last longer and Waxing much longer. Tou will also avoid the problem of razor bumps.

ED injecting I can deal with. Waxing seems to painful…. Lol

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by profbiv
    ED injecting I can deal with. Waxing seems to painful…. Lol
    It may not be as bad as you think, and the results are really much better than you get with shaving unless you like a 5 o'clock shadow on your chest.

Second best is Kwik Off for Men. Its like Nair. If you use it though, stay away from your nips cause if it gets on it will burn like hell.

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I rinse my razor in alcohol, and rub it on after I shave, then follow it up w/ baby oil. worked wonders for me

Klossus is offline Associate Member
    what about that toothbrush like electric razor you see advertised on tv? i saw the guy on there cut off the hair on his arm and he looked super jacked after that!

ok I'm gonna try the razor and oil thing

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member

Lightbulb

make sure you are using a shaving cream/gel..even conditioner can work in the shower....i am amazed at how many guys dry shave and are surprised they have problems....follow up with a good salicylic acid/bha product....tendskin could work but has a lot of alcohol...you can find that at walmart, clearasil daily face moisturizer would be good..you can use it anywhere..and also http://paulaschoice.com/shop/product...205&PAGETYPE=S

an excerpt from the mentioned webpage explains that salicylic acid/aspirin is a good product to use:

" What should men use to take care of their skin when they shave?
    To start with, all men need a gentle, water-soluble cleanser, a gentle shave product (foam, cream, or gel), followed by a gentle, nonirritating aftershave or shaving lotion (which is actually just a masculine name for a gentle toner). An ideal after-shave product for men would be an aspirin-based topical product that uses additional potent anti-irritants. Aspirin is a very effective anti-inflammatory agent for irritated skin and is able to alleviate the redness and razor bumps/burn. Paula's Choice Skin Relief Treatment uses stabilized aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) with other anti-irritants and is designed to work as an effective after-shave for men or women. "
    Last edited by vanyel5; 02-05-2004 at 09:43 AM. Reason: wanted to highlight an excerpt

taquipariu is offline Associate Member
    Well, my skin is very sensitive. Only using hair trimmers made me have razor bumps instantly. I never waxed, but I think it is the best way. But you ay use some shaving cream before, some shaving cream after. It helps a lot with my beard. I have no more facial razor bumps...

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    Shave with the grain of the hair..if you shave against, the hair will ingrow!

Duct Tape is offline Associate Member
    Wax is the way! first time hurts like a motha but after that the hair grows in less dense. Hair grows in cycles, and you probably have 3-4 cycles worth sprouting on your chest. After those are gone, you will only have the new growth to wax out each time. If you keep up with it (monthly) it won't even be that big a deal anymore.

Thread Information