Thread: Hair Genetics

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Hair Genetics

I am just wondering...

Is the ammount of body hair you grow genetic or what?

I am full blooded Italian, and I have incredible ammounts of Body hair. I am only 19 years old.

The thing is though, my Dad and Mom aren't that hairy, and neither is my brother. But my Dad's brother, is a monkey. I am so hairy I have little fine hairs under my eyes, hair on my butt, legs, back, chest, arms.... you name it I have hair there.

Could i have some kind of imbalance or something or too much Testosterone going through me? I have never done steroids and I am not that big of a guy, just known to have a quick temper. It is really depressing, and hair removal is costing more and more and taking up more and more time. I hate body hair, Ironic being as hairy as I am. I am thinking about going a couple times to have a full body hair removal by waxing and start rubbing in a hair inhibitor to stop the growth. Anybody ever used a good inhibitor?

Anyone as hairy as me naturally? LOL... It is very embarrassing, I am in the prime of my life yet I am embarrased to get naked in front of a girl because I don't want to gross her out with my Butt hair lol.

Mike

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I am just wondering...

Is the ammount of body hair you grow genetic or what?

I am full blooded Italian, and I have incredible ammounts of Body hair. I am only 19 years old.

. . .
    Anyone as hairy as me naturally? LOL... It is very embarrassing, I am in the prime of my life yet I am embarrased to get naked in front of a girl because I don't want to gross her out with my Butt hair lol.

Mike
    Now there you go. I used to be embarrased because I had too little body hair so I guess few people are satisfied. I think a lot of it must be genetics. I had heard, but it may be a wives tail, that the amount of body hair you get is determined by you mother's father. Thank goodness it didn't work that way for me.

NEED2BEHUGE is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Yes sir, I'm also 19 and a naturally hairy ape. I've used nair, it's a piece of useless ****. It smells really bad, and stubble shows like the next day after using it. The only thing i've noticed that works is waxing. It's VERY painful, and it doesn't really last very long for me... usually about a week give or take a couple of days before the hair starts to show up again. Then I usually have to wait a while for the hair to come out a bit more before I get it waxed again. I've waxed about 3 or 4 times now on my arms and shoulders, it hasn't gotten any easier since day 1. My back isn't really hairy, but my front side reminds me of the jungles of peru when I look in the mirror.

If all you have to worry about is hair then consider yourself lucky. I'm also too embarrased to get naked infront of a girl, but not too much because of hair, but because of the fact that I have loose skin and massive stretchmarks on my stomach, chest, back, and a few minor ones on my arm (which are still as red and nasty as the first day I set eyes on them). It comes from being a obese bastard for 17 years of my life before I got into lifting and fitness and what not. Ontop of that it's really hard for me to get my lower abs showing (again, thanks to loose skin).

So whenever you're down about being a hairy ape, think of me

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Yea Bro I was fat for the first 16 years of my life too... I have some stretch marks on my stomach around where I have ingrown hair scars from shaving/waxing. Waxing has about the same effect on me, where it lasts for a week or so then it starts to come out again. I know most people it lasts for 4-6 weeks on average. O well sucks for us

I am considering doing laser hair removal on my chest and just continuing with my waxing my back and arms etc. It isn't that bad for the waxing of the arms/back, but waxing my chest or abs hurts like a mo fo.

As for my legs, I am just going to stick to buzzing them with a hair trimmer. I am not sure what to do about my butt, you can't really trim hair there. I know this is kinda a faggy subject guys sorry, I just want to do something about the appearance and don't know what is available/the best way to remove this hair.

Mike

Thread Information