musclehead1 is offline Member

bags underneath my eyes

hey ppls, i got huge bags under my eyes when especially when iget up in the mornin i know rest is a factor but i cant always get the 8 hrs a day as needed. Also im on long term predinose is that also a reason why i have them? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    hey ppls, i got huge bags under my eyes when especially when iget up in the mornin i know rest is a factor but i cant always get the 8 hrs a day as needed. Also im on long term predinose is that also a reason why i have them? thanks
    can nobody help me with this???

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm...
    Preperation H may help. I'm not kidding, I'm serious. It's a secret celebrities use before shows or when they're up all night. I'm not sure on the exact way or method, but I'm pretty sure it's applied and it helps out. If not, go see a Doc.

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member

bags are due to a few factors...like retaining excess fluids in the area, or extra fatty tissue under the eye(i actually saw them remove it on someone on one of those discovery health plastic surgery shows)....there really is little to do for them...if it is just fluid retaining underneath, it is possible to reduce the appearance by inclining your head, or even the head of your bed for sleeping

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    HGH helps a bit. Works for me, anyway. Got my big bags reduced down to a couple of wallets . . . and yah, I've heard that Preparation-H helps, though only temporarily.

Which reminds me of a friend who had a wallet made of foreskins . . . If he'd stroke it the right way, it would turn into a suitcase . . .
    --Tock

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Prep H, Ice compression, cucumber, etc., will help reduce the inflammation, but it will quickly return..

Many people suffer from "bags" and many factors enhance the problem such as diet, lack of proper rest, head position while sleeping, sodium intake, levle of hydration,etc..As we age this problem increases..A minor cosmetic procedure (blepharoplasty) can remove the fatty deposits that cause the "bag" look under the eyes..It is a very common procedure and the recovery time is minimal..If you are predisposed for this look, then you may only have the option of surgical correction or just living with it..How old are you?

Doc M

SAVAGEju is offline New Member
    have you tried the "aramis lab series"??? I know they have products for your eyes but I don't know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Prep H, Ice compression, cucumber, etc., will help reduce the inflammation, but it will quickly return..

Many people suffer from "bags" and many factors enhance the problem such as diet, lack of proper rest, head position while sleeping, sodium intake, levle of hydration,etc..As we age this problem increases..A minor cosmetic procedure (blepharoplasty) can remove the fatty deposits that cause the "bag" look under the eyes..It is a very common procedure and the recovery time is minimal..If you are predisposed for this look, then you may only have the option of surgical correction or just living with it..How old are you?

Doc M
    im almost 21 and do u think its my meds (predinose) that i take for IBD that might be causing the bags??

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    DocM has the best advice brudda!

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Eye cream!

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometimes you can get that from a vitamin or iron deficiency - just a thought Bro

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro - if you are taking prednisone then you are retaining fluid - the two go hand in hand - ------------------- corticosteroids the other steroids LOL

im almost 21 and do u think its my meds (predinose) that i take for IBD that might be causing the bags??
    Prednisone, while a great medication, also comes with a plethora of side effects..It could very likely be an unfortunate side effect from the Prednisone..How long have you been taking it and did the bags become more noticeable after starting the meds?? Also, as mentioned above, some vitamin deficiencies can cause this especially an iron deficiency..

Doc M

Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Prednisone, while a great medication, also comes with a plethora of side effects..It could very likely be an unfortunate side effect from the Prednisone..How long have you been taking it and did the bags become more noticeable after starting the meds?? Also, as mentioned above, some vitamin deficiencies can cause this especially an iron deficiency..

Doc M
    iv been takin prednisone for about 3 years this april and the bags were noticable (by other people) around 9-10 months later.

iv been takin prednisone for about 3 years this april and the bags were noticable (by other people) around 9-10 months later.
    Since the Prednisone is a necessary Med for you, it may be a side effect that you just have to work around..There are many otc products available, some of which can help in masking the issue..Try an undereye concealer made for men..Clinique, Zirh, and Estee LAuder are a few comapnies that I know make this product especially for men..

Doc M

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~MD formulations, Decleor, Phytomer, and Carita all have skin care products just for men, they have great stuff there for you!~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Quote Originally Posted by SpunHoney
    ~MD formulations, Decleor, Phytomer, and Carita all have skin care products just for men, they have great stuff there for you!~
    Can't argue with our in-house Esthetician!

Doc M

Want2GetHuge is offline Associate Member
    Good post guys.. I need some help with the dark circles now!

jpmacco is offline Associate Member
    What's the difference between men's products and women's? Is it just calling it a man's product so men won't think they're being feminine?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmacco
    What's the difference between men's products and women's? Is it just calling it a man's product so men won't think they're being feminine?

Exactly.
    Shampoo is shampoo is shampoo is shampoo . . . it's just a mixture of 95% water plus a detergent (sodium laureth sulfate or sodium laurel sulfate), a bit of preservative, some color, maybe some fragrance, a bit of alcohol to thicken things up a bit, maybe a bit of conditioner (mineral oil, processed protein) and something to make the hair feel thicker (plastic polymers) along with a bit of tea (herbal extracts of every sort of weed under the sun) or aloe which does absolute nothing but smell nice. Total cost about 10 cents, but you pay $5.00. They put a picture of a guy on a bottle of this stuff, say it's for men, and it's the only stuff most guys will use. Put a pic of a wench on there, and it's only gonna get used by the ladies. Weird, but that's how Americans are.
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by jpmacco
    very very little...smell usually, marketing/packaging..and the cost...i've seen lines designed for men where the ingredients were identical in the original formula designed towards women and the cost was far less....marketers know that women will pay more for skin care then men so they jack the prices up..and of course they try to make products for men smell more 'masculine'...it's hard enough to convince men that it's okay to take pride in their skin without them having to use products that smell soft and flowery....

definite possibility...a friend of mine was on steroids during chemo and it puffed him up everywhere, including puffy under the eyes...

Thread Information