AD2
    AD2 is offline New Member

Mystic Tan Question Please Help

hey just a quick question about that mystic tan thing...if i get a tan done that way how long after do i hit the tanning bed to maintain it?? and will the colour maintain if i do that or will it still go back to normal after a week or so??

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    bump..this is the 8 second spray on tan or something right?

AD2
    yes, im pretty sure its called mystic tan could be 8 seconds or longer not sure, but anyone with that info please let me know thanks!!

tryingtogain is offline Member
    you go into the booth and it takea a minute to spray on from what i heard im also very intrested i the question you asked BUMP

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member

check out sunless.com it's a forum dedicated to all sorts of forms of sunless tanning....including mystic tan and airbrush tanning...a mystic tan lasts up to a week depending on your skin, how much you wash, what you use, etc...i would say it would be good to re-do every 5-7 days..just as a regular tan needs to be maintained due to skin cell turnover, so does a 'sunless' tan...the only issues i have personally heard with mystic, from friends, is that it can turn out streaky and splotchy....personally, i just invested in a compressor unit and airbrush and am going to attempt to airbrush myself ...for a fake tan it is supposed to give the best results...but i can't afford that money twice a week!

AD2
    ya i hear you on the money issue there tanning is soo darn expensive!! but since its been awhile since i tanned i was going to go mystic for one tan so im tanned right away then a week or so later start in the beds again to maintain that tan, its just better than waiting a few weeks for the tanning bed tan to acctually make me dark ya know!! but i wasnt sure if that would work or not!! ill check the site thanks bro!!

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~ We do it at my work~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

just a follow up...it can be a pain at first to put on your own self tanner, but once you get a routine and know what you need to use it goes rather quickly....there are lots of good tips on that site...like what to be careful to use so that your 'tan' doesn't fade too quickly..and then also some products can inhibit your tan from taking well..like those shower gels or creams that say 'moisturizing' ..they coat your skin with something vaseline like that can keep you from getting your best results...really good info...hope you like...check out the message boards too...might find some info to guide you there...

cewing is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyel5
    just a follow up...it can be a pain at first to put on your own self tanner, but once you get a routine and know what you need to use it goes rather quickly....there are lots of good tips on that site...like what to be careful to use so that your 'tan' doesn't fade too quickly..and then also some products can inhibit your tan from taking well..like those shower gels or creams that say 'moisturizing' ..they coat your skin with something vaseline like that can keep you from getting your best results...really good info...hope you like...check out the message boards too...might find some info to guide you there...
    Mystic tan discolored my finger and toe nails for over a month after I used it the first and only time. It makes you orange.

that's another complaint i heard about the mystic tan from my friends..that they looked orange...but there are many self tanners out there and some give some great results..i used a brand called aviva that gave me the most natural realistic looking tan i have ever had....

cewing is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyel5
    that's another complaint i heard about the mystic tan from my friends..that they looked orange...but there are many self tanners out there and some give some great results..i used a brand called aviva that gave me the most natural realistic looking tan i have ever had....
    What is Aviva? Where can I get it?

http://www.avivalabs.com/store.html
    the only problem...it is meant to be used as an airbrush solution..it comes in an 8 ounce bottle with a very fine mist that you can apply but you still need to make sure you apply it evenly....also check out strictlysunless.com...they are affiliated with the other site and they sell only sunless products..including applicators...they basically look like a piece of foam on the end of a stick and they are great for spreading your sunless tanner anywhere including your back....

also check this link that helps you with application...it is methodic, but like i said...once you get a routine it goes quickly...
    http://sunless.com/application/index.php

oh..sorry...i got lost on my warning to you...the product is watery and liquidy...not thick, lotion-like or foamy like most self tanners....that is why you need to be careful how you apply it...you can't just apply it by pouring it in your hand

Question

out of curiosity..ever follow up on this? did you decide to order something or are you going with the mystic?

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I use NO-AD sunless tanning that you can buy at Walmart. Its cheap and works the best for me! No orange at all and easy to fix if you need to blend streaks or what have you. I highly recommend it.....

bigdog81 is offline Member
    mystic tan is a spray on process.... it magnetizes the solution to the protein in your skin. there fore...it is even and fast acting.. it takes 22sec for the normal and 25 sec for the mystic (witch is 25% more dha) your body will actually tan w/ this solution.
    but it is really meant for those who need a quick color..ex. wedding, prom, etc.
    one visit last 1day and if you do 3 then it can last up to 9days, depending on how active you are.
    i run a chain of tanning salons and we offer it...but imo... i dont like it.
    thanks...come again...lol

Sara Dancer is offline Female Member
    How funny, I just posted this in another thread:
    Not all Mystic Tans are the same, as I recently learned. The tanning salon by my house has a brand new booth and my tan has always came out perfect. Recentlly I was in Las Vegas and went in to Neon Sun twice for Mystic Tans. Both times I was streaky immediately, my tan was uneven, and their solution was so weak that their strongest setting was the same as the weakest setting back home.

One thing I should have added, these bad salons give Mystic Tan a bad name that it doesn't deserve. If the machine is properly calibrated and the solution not altered, Mystic Tan is great!

Thread Information