usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone ever try low accutane dosage...

without doctor supervision while on a cycle? I'm talking like 10mgs a day for maybe 1-2 months. I get the occasional breakouts just like most ppl do during a cycle. The thing is that I'm in sales and as you already know...appearance is very important. I would have bloodwork done periodically to make sure tri's levels and liver values are in check but since I don't have med insurance this would be a self administered treatment. Anyone else take this road before on their own. PLease share your experience if you have. Cuz I have about had it with antibiotics and creams and the rest of the otc crap...

~US~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?
    I don't think that its intended to be used that way. I did Accutane under a doctor's supervision and as I recall, it was a 4 month cycle. Each month I came in for a liver test. The effect is that now that the cyle is over, I no longer get acne. Unlike tetracycline, which just surpresses the condition, Accutane actually changes something that prevents you from breaking out - forever.

I am not sure that its a great idea to be experimenting with it unless you have some information.

I know there is a pharmacist who is a member on the AR - I think his name is enzo. Maybe he will chime in.
    Last edited by beenie; 12-21-2003 at 09:58 PM.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    good question, bump for any more insight.

SpunHoney is offline Female Member
    ~ I don't know if accutane is the best thing to take with out taking the prior precations, it can make men infertal....there are reasons why they administer those tests...accutane can also cause severe depression and suicidal effects...but i dunno i have seen what it has done to some of my clients and it is not good, it totally dries upall your oil glands which is not healthy ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Quote Originally Posted by SpunHoney
    ~ I don't know if accutane is the best thing to take with out taking the prior precations, it can make men infertal....there are reasons why they administer those tests...accutane can also cause severe depression and suicidal effects...but i dunno i have seen what it has done to some of my clients and it is not good, it totally dries upall your oil glands which is not healthy ~
    It has a place SpunHoney. As a teenager I had very bad acne, which was to the point of a deformity. It was controlled by tetracycline for years, but tetracycline only surpresses the condition. In my early 20s it stopped working. My dematologist saif that for some people they have this condition for life. They tried minocin and a couple other dugs but they just didn't work. That's when my dermotolgist prescribed Accutane treatment. In my case it didn't cause depression, and had just the opposite effect, because I had a serious skin disorder that was being cured. You are correct that depression is one of the listed possible side effects, but for me that did not occur. Just the same it was VERY serious treatment. My skin tuned very dry, and changed to an orange tan color. It was very dry as were my eyes. I needed to use a lot of aloe and lanolin on my lips. And my doctor kept constant tabs on me such as a monthly liver test.

There were some other things that happened that I started ti descibe, and then deleted because I think it may REALLY gross out the other readers. But, at the end of the treament, my skin was great, and further I no longer get acne, so for me, it was worth it. When it was precribed for me it was only used for very serious conditions and only when all else failed.

A few years ago they came out with a topical verion of the drug. I can only assume that this is much less severe than the internal version.

~Hey Beenie, in your case i think that it is important that they have a drug out there like accutane. Bout working in the skin care field now, dermas are putting anybody one it, i mean i went just to get some retin-a for mild hormonal break outs, and he was saying that i should try accutane......like i said accutane has its place, when it is a sever stage 3 or 4 acne but if it is any less then that, there are so many other things, ie... aha's, bha's, retin-a, diffirin, light chemical peels, micro derm.....but i am very happy that everything worked out for you =) ~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~
    ~You know that place between awake and asleep? The place where you remember dreamin' That is were i will always love you, that is where i will wait~

Quote Originally Posted by SpunHoney
    ~Hey Beenie, in your case i think that it is important that they have a drug out there like accutane. Bout working in the skin care field now, dermas are putting anybody one it, i mean i went just to get some retin-a for mild hormonal break outs, and he was saying that i should try accutane......like i said accutane has its place, when it is a sever stage 3 or 4 acne but if it is any less then that, there are so many other things, ie... aha's, bha's, retin-a, diffirin, light chemical peels, micro derm.....but i am very happy that everything worked out for you =) ~
    Yes, agreed. That seems like dropping an atomic bomb on a car for a parking violation. For what you are talking about, Desquam X is really good. Its topical, and you used to need a prescription in the USA for it. But like everything else I am not sure whether or not you do any more.

You seem to know a lot about skin care SpunHoney. Is this your field or just a hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Yes, agreed. That seems like dropping an atomic bomb on a car for a parking violation. For what you are talking about, Desquam X is really good. Its topical, and you used to need a prescription in the USA for it. But like everything else I am not sure whether or not you do any more.

You seem to know a lot about skin care SpunHoney. Is this your field or just a hobby?

~it is my profession, i am a esthetician,....i work in a upscale spa now, but i would like to be working the a dermatologist that supports skin care.....i can't get enough i am constantly reading and going to classes and all that good stuff.~
    ~MOD @IRONBODYBUILDING ~
    ~MOD@BIGDOGBODYBUILDING~

azstud2 is offline Junior Member
    agreed, ive used many things,including accutane.used this stuff on and off cycle. if u dont have a big problem,one severe eonough that would make you want to see a doctor,then you should probably go with a good topical first. retin-A is pretty good.if youre hookin up with accutane without a prescription, it shouldnt be too difficult to get a good topical. you got enough goin on in your body on cycle bro,wouldnt reccommend puttin in more ****. by the way, i had serious anger probs and depression on diff cycles with deca ,test,and winny, and clen ...those were things in my body at any given time when on accutane,not reccomended! accutane does kick ass though,acne gone for good.good luck bro,hope u get somethin from my experience.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenie
    Unlike tetracycline, which just surpresses the condition, Accutane actually changes something that prevents you from breaking out - forever.

I am not sure that its a great idea to be experimenting with it unless you have some information.
    I was on an accutane cycle for 4 months about 3 years ago. I was under a doctors sup, and I was supposed to be on for 5 months, but it was so intense that I quit after 4. Accutane actually turns off all moisture glands in your face so I had severe drying of the skin. I mean like bad to the point where it cracked and blead. I was prescibed some special lotion for it though.

I was acne free for about 2 years, but now it has come back, although a lot milder than before my treatment. Accutane is SERIOUS stuff, and when the doc told me the possible sides, it scared the ***t out of me!

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that has acne that can be treated with antibiotics. Just my $.02.

Sym

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    I'm no expert, but the side effects or steroids can be incredible. As can the side effects of accutane.... so put them together and you can maybe get some pretty nasty results.
    I was on accutane. It was tough sure, but worth it, as I don't get acne like I used to. I still have scars and what not, and occasional acne, but I had it real bad before.
    But this is one thing that makes me maybe not want to juice it. Probably my number one reason. Since steroids can make the average person break out more than usual, what about those that had acne problems in the past?

So for those of you on 'roids, and taken accutane, did it come back after the roids, or was it okay?

And also, this made me realize something. I've been having doubts on ever juicing it, but now I remember taking acutane, a potentially just as serious drug, and did fine, so I feel better now. But I'm 18, been lifting strong for 4 years, and may start like at 21, and by then I should have an excellent base. but that's getting off.....

this is a huge help for me for anyone who can help

Thread Information