Thread: Accutane?

rujulus is offline Junior Member

Accutane?

Ok I am so pissed right now.. what did you guy's have to do to get your derm to perscribe you accutane I've been on Bactrim,Doxyocline,Monocyline,Retin-A, and some other one I can't remember right now but anyway my acne has got even worse then when I first went to see him and for some reason he won't perscribe Accutane to me...I thought the derm was supposed to help you out not make it worse???

businesscannon is offline New Member
    alot of dermatologists now will prescribe every last topical cream or antibacterial pill to avoid accutane...i took accutane 3 years ago and had gotten it through a derm. who was notorious for being a firm believer in the stuff which i was grateful for...but since then the company that makes it are alot stricter on what the doctors have to go through to prescribe it...i got back on a maintenence dosage of it about a month ago by going to a walk in clinic and telling him everything else ive tried lately irritates my skin and doesnt do a darn thing to clear my back up...i have to get blood work done every month and had to sign a bunch of papers but its worth it... u need to call different family physicians and pretend like "if you brought your son in" find out what the chances would be to get it prescribed for "him" and explain how none of the other junk worked

Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to try that because I can't see myself throwing anymore $$ down the drain when the stuff he's perscribing me is only making things worse, I mean I went in because I was getting minor pimples here and there now I'm breaking out like no other and it's started every since I went to see a derm.

Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rujulus
    Yeah it looks like I'm going to have to try that because I can't see myself throwing anymore $$ down the drain when the stuff he's perscribing me is only making things worse, I mean I went in because I was getting minor pimples here and there now I'm breaking out like no other and it's started every since I went to see a derm.

Don't take no for an answer. I took accutane over the summer and into this winter, the stuff is amazing. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Flexsk is offline New Member
    My doctor prescribed me accutaine right after tetracycline didn't work. Its amazing ****. I've told him about my AS and how much i am taking, he's pretty cool about that. I get my levels checked once a month just to make sure everything is all good.

Well I have an appointment this Sat. so will see what happens if he doesn't perscribe it to me then I'm just going elsewere.

Thread Information