jon rock is offline Associate Member

Tanning without those little goggles

is it safe to tan in a booth without those silly goggle things? Im guessing they
    make you wear them for a reason.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The UV light can cause cataracts, corneal burns, etc..If you don't wear them, make sure you keep your eyes closed or it could be a painful night..And it is law that they provide and recommend you wear the funny looking goggles..

Doc M

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    ive done it before and kept my eyes shut but they still hurt. i have light sensitive eyes though so that probably made it worse.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i hate those gay little goggles ... i dont want the dum goggle marks on my face.. i just shut my eyes super tight and it never messes with me

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I have absolutely NO PIGMENT on my eyes. Any type of glare or bright light hurts my eyes I have NEVER worn the goggles in the tanning beds. The whole purpose of me going to the tanning bed is to get rid of the racoon suntan from wearing sunglasses. So wearing the goggles would be counter effective.
    Doing that for ten years, maybe 20 days out of the year, I have no health issues for my eyes. So either I am lucky or just keep your eyes closed and you will be ok.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well the UV rays can indeed go through your eyelids, but like the others i've closed my eyes and am fine....if you dont tan 365 days a year for 90 years i dont think you'll be in danger...also one thing to consider is if you wear contacts....most are now UV light protected which definitely helps to block out the rays.

daver is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I usually don't wear the goggles either. I hate that raccoon look You get from wearing them. I don't have any problems from not wearing them, not even a sunburn on the lids.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    roll your eyes into the back of your head.... that is look up as far as you can...

this will further protect the cornia.. and your vision........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i've been tanning for over 3 years and i only wore them once.....(the first time i ever tanned).............just keep your eyes shut........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I use them but I have a trick. Lay down first then rest them on the upper part of your eyes for half the time, then lower them for half the time. No racoon eyes and no UV gets in.

Nixter.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    If you wear them, you will come out looking like a racoon.
    -Cy

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronCy
    If you wear them, you will come out looking like a racoon.
    -Cy
    Not if you wear them like I mentioned. You have to use a lay down bed for this though.

Nixter.

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    just closing your eyes in a tanning bed is not enough to protect them..otherwise they wouldn't have goggles...the skin on your eyelids is some of the thinnest skin on your body.....wear the goggles.....and if you are concerned about raccoon eyes....just use a little self tanner in an appropriate depth around your eyes to blend them in...when i used to tan that worked perfectly for me...

Shane_611 is offline New Member

Use Those Goggles

UV rays dont just hit ur skin n bounce off they are absorbed into ur skin. I have heard of people having sight problems b/c of prolonged exposure to UV rays b/c the body was growing a skin over the eye to protect them. so yeah, use those goggles, they dont hurt...

Swellin Guest
    If the rays are that bad for your eyes, I figure I need even more protection...I gather several pairs and place them over my boyz. This way, I keep them protected too. You just have to be real careful and only wear the odd colored ones on your eyes (so you can keep up with which ones go where).

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixter
    Not if you wear them like I mentioned. You have to use a lay down bed for this though.

Nixter.
    The little foil stickers arntr to bad

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Hey that's a great idea........ don't want to get any dick cheese on your eyes......

Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    If the rays are that bad for your eyes, I figure I need even more protection...I gather several pairs and place them over my boyz. This way, I keep them protected too. You just have to be real careful and only wear the odd colored ones on your eyes (so you can keep up with which ones go where).
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

alevok Guest
    As a tanning salon owner I recommend you to wear those silly gogles, your eyelid can not protect your eyes as good as those gogles. Always use tanning lotions before tanning and after tanning always moisturize your skin with a reputable cream lotion. Moisturizing your skin is the most important thing, a dry skin can wrinkle and makes you look older than you are, for people that their skin is so pale should stay away from tanning beds. Do not tan more than 1 session a week and limit your tannings to 50 sessions annually.

MikeyZ23 is offline Associate Member
    always wear protection

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    i just close my eyes really tight

rugger2 is offline New Member
    i white but not too white im about to start tanning how often should t?

Thread Information