LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Tanning and Scars....

OK...

As I posted before I have some scars on my abs from ingrown hairs. They are pretty red right now, and i have been using Coco butter lotion on them every night for the past 3 months. I want to start tanning now however, but I don't want to make the scars darker. Will tanning make them get darker ?? I would think so, but I just wanted to check first. Is there any way I can prevent this? Maybe putting drops of sun screen on the scars so they don't get any light on them and the skin around them does? Any thoughts on this? I want to get my surrounding skin darker so they won't be so noticeable, they look like ****.

Either that or I can just not tan and tell people I got hit with spray from a shot gun lol. Thanks for the help.

Mike

Oh by the way SpunHoney...

Glycolic Acid > *

For the ingrown hairs.

Thanks for the advice.

Mike

Danielle is offline Female Member
    maybe im clueless.......but how in the world did ingrown hairs give you scars??!!?.............

but to answer your question...........tanning will make scars more noticable........they dont tan as easy as the rest of your skin so they will stand out more..........and using sun protection on certain spots will make your tan come out totally uneven..........i suggest waiting a little bit longer so the scars can heal before tanning
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

I got the scars because the ingrown hairs were infected.... I didn't know what they were at first and they were under the skin for over 3 months and got really big. I finally went to an electrogist and had them pulled out and they have healed up since, but I have little dots where they came out because the skin was inflamed. I know how to control them now, but unfortunately the ones I got in the past scarred pretty good

Mike

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    It depends. Scars themselves wont get any darker. The idea is to make the skin around them a darker shade in order to make the scars less noticeable.

That's what I want to do....

CASHUS7 is offline Junior Member
    Yes Tanning Will Make The Scars More Noticable It Will Also Take Them Longer To Heal Since Your Are Damaging Already Damaged Skin If Possible Cover Them With Sun Screen. If The Scars Last More 6-8 Monthes Then You Can See A Derm. And They Can Treat Them With Injections That Work Wonders. I Had This Done And Scars I Had For 3 Years Were Gone. Plus It Was Covered By Health Care.

alevok Guest
    Bro I have a tanning salon and I advise my customers to cover their fresh scars & cuts. You can use a high level sunscreen or cover them up with a towel or cottonballs. Once your scars are completely healed up then you can expose your body, tanning will blend them up and scars will be less noticable, but first wait till scars are healed or just cover them during tanning.

Thread Information