NYFIRE is offline New Member

Heat rash on arms

Almost always after a tour at work I develope these small red blotches on my forearms and upper arms. It almost looks like acne but they are not raised and doesnt feel like a pimple and if I stretch the skin they kinda disappear. It seems to come from wearing my bunker coat and sweating alot. I only seem to get it on my arms and they usually go away in a day or so, but sometimes they get a little worse before going away.
    I though it was some kind of acne at first and I tried medicated pads and even prescription medication but it really didnt seem to do much. I now try to rinse my arms with water and soap after wearing my gear, and that seems to help a bit, but I still get them.
    I am thinking its some kinda heat rash...any ideas or suggestions?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Cant be heat rash as your skin is not directly exposed to the sun. If it was heat rash they would resemble blisters. It might just be a minor skin irritation from your sweating and possibly even a dirty bunker. try some ethyl alcohol or aloe vera.

Spoon

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    i don't think your skin being exposed to the sun has anything to do with a heat rash...probably cool showers as soon as you can take one after getting out of your gear is the best...or possibly it could be your skin is sensitive to whatever you are wearing for work and having a type of allergic reaction(buy some inexpensive hydrocortisone cream and see if it does anything, but hydorcortisone is not good for long term use, longer than a month or 8 weeks)...really the only way to know is to talk to a dermatologist, they can ask you all the right questions to get to the root of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    Cant be heat rash as your skin is not directly exposed to the sun. If it was heat rash they would resemble blisters. It might just be a minor skin irritation from your sweating and possibly even a dirty bunker. try some ethyl alcohol or aloe vera.

Spoon

Thread Information