gtrickz is offline New Member

Minocycline and Sodium Sulfacetamide

Hey i was perscribed to take 2 minoclyline pills a day and i use this sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfer 5% lotion for my face, it seems to be doing the job (finally my derm got me on soem good ****), before he had me on clindagel and tazzorac (never use that ****, it makes it worse) but anyways it seems to be getting better. I was wandering if there is anything else ic an be taking to help my acne, like Vitamin b5 or some retin-a or whatever people are talking about. Also is there any way to clear up some faded red spotso n my face that is no longer acne (not like deep scars or anything just like on the surface kinda) thanks.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrickz
    Hey i was perscribed to take 2 minoclyline pills a day and i use this sodium sulfacetamide 10% and sulfer 5% lotion for my face, it seems to be doing the job (finally my derm got me on soem good ****), before he had me on clindagel and tazzorac (never use that ****, it makes it worse) but anyways it seems to be getting better. I was wandering if there is anything else ic an be taking to help my acne, like Vitamin b5 or some retin-a or whatever people are talking about. Also is there any way to clear up some faded red spotso n my face that is no longer acne (not like deep scars or anything just like on the surface kinda) thanks.
    It seems as if your doc put you on a good regiment. The antibiotic he prescribed for you is right on target for acne as is the lotion. Actually, the lotion you are using serves a dual purpose. Not only does it act directly on the bacteria that CAUSE acne...but it also serves to help clean up the potential scarring (red spots) on your face...so keep up with what your doing

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Awsome for you bro! I have mild yet extremely persistent acne on my back and shoulders only. My doc put me on every pill and lotion/gel imaginable with no results. Now I'm on low dose Accutane... hope this works.

Nixter

Thread Information