cdog is offline Associate Member

Fatty tumors under skin Ugly

Whats up do any of you have these little fatty tumors under your skin ??If so how do you get them to go away ..I have a couple just under my skin they have been there for years .They dont really bother me to much but as Im cutting I can see then a little more .Any advice ??CDOG

mfenske is offline Member
    If you are talking about a little lumpy thing under your fat then I know exactly what you mean. I have 3 or 4 of them on me. I am actually having them checked out next month just to make sure they aren't anything more serious. Mark

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I have like three and they are the size of a eraser head at the end of a pencil ..They dont get any bigger and Ive had them for about 8yrs ..CDOG

mfenske is offline Member
    I've had mine about as long, though mine seem to be bigger. About the size of a dime if I had to call it a size. I'll let you know what develops with it. Mark

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    ive got one on my back, i was told it was just scar tissue though.

cjp85 is offline Member
    Just ask Arnold,Click Here

diesel21 is offline Member
    dam. i have the same problem.... i look amazing, but they make me real self conscience... i have one like a quarter on my abs.. then a few small ones..

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    I've got the same thing. One or two near my pecs and two on my upper back (got them removed too). I actually went to a dermatologist and I forget what they're called exactly but they're harmless. It's the way your skin traps oil and it's hereditary so blame your parents. Basically, your pores trap the oil in certain places in between this sack. The oil irritates the skin forming a puss-like substance (good stuff, eh?) in between this sack. That's what forms the bump - picture an avocado...your skin is the outter skin of the avocado, the sack is the part you eat, and the puss is the seed. So if you get them removed, tell the doc to remove the sack too, otherwise it'll come back.

dam... so does juice help cause this?

Quote Originally Posted by diesel21

That I can't answer. I'm still natty.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    They are called "lipomas" and are fatty tissue deposits, yes.

I've had 4 removed............they look like chicken fat when they are taken out.

~SC~

fritz2435 is offline Member
    i have a huge one on my left groin caused i think by a severe groin pull 2 years ago. My doctor said an evulsion? and i have one on my left leg as well behind my knee. I noticed it one day when my right football sock went up all the way but my left wouldnt fit. The athletic trainer at my school says they most likely will never go away, but the size will fluctuate from time to time.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    dam. i have the same problem.... i look amazing, but they make me real self conscience... i have one like a quarter on my abs.. then a few small ones..
    I got one on my abdomen wall as well, its not the end of the world but i wouldnt mind it gone. Anyways, anyone who has one of these its not harmful but dont sit there and play with it all day long, you can iritate it.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Swolecat,

Did the Dermatologist do it or did your Reg Doc send you to a General Surgeon?

MJ

someday is offline Member
    also, whats the scare left over like for all you guys whove had them removed, i got one about the size of a dime on my forehead. It bothers the **** outta me. Any idea on cost also??

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    also, whats the scare left over like for all you guys whove had them removed, i got one about the size of a dime on my forehead. It bothers the **** outta me. Any idea on cost also??
    There's no scare really. Oh just realized you meant scar. It's early here.
    The dermatologist I went to referred me to a plastic surgeon, actually. And to be honest he did a great job -minor incision, not noticable at all. The cost was the bitch, one b/c anything cosmetic like that, insurance won't even bat an eye at. So it was all out of pocket for me. You would think, living in LA, it would be semi-cheap with all the plastic people walking around, but it ended up being $1100 for me anyway. With this guy (and he's pretty reputable), he charged $600 for the actual surgery and $500 to reserve the op room. IMO, I would look for a dermatologist that performs minor surgery, that way, it may get insurance to pay for it or some of it anyway. And if not, try schmoozing with the doc to tell the insurance company it was something that HAD to be done rather than you wanting it to get done.

MJ, this should answer your question too.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Got it! Thanks Bro!

MJ

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    1100, that's alot!!! I have one on my wrist.

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    i have several of them scattered on my body and i've never done any as
    ....my doc says they are harmless and not to worry about them but as i am getting into shape again they are becoming more visibly obvious...

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Phew i thought i was wierd i have one on my lower back and a few on the front.

dam. i might get them takin out in sep after the summer... but thats a lot of $$$!!!!!

is there anything to do to stop getting them if you take juice?

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    I was wondering what the hell that was on my shoulder, i have one on my left trap, its about the size of a pea and kinda hard.... Unless its a secret tracking device the Gov installed in me, hmmm..

alevok Guest
    it is called lipom, a misform of fat deposit, hereditary. My father had them, my bro and I have them as well, runs in men in my family, girls did not get them. (I guess men are more prone)
    I had more than twenty removed 2 years ago, my brother went under surgery just yesterday and the amount of lipom sucked out is amazing, maybe thousands of tiny lipoms. Small ones removed by liposuction, bigger ones (some are the size of a chestnut) removed surgically.
    When I was on a strict diet I noticed that my lipoms got smaller and when I am back to junk food they get more noticeable and bigger. My doc suggested me to diet to prevent any other lipom formations. It is not something to worry about but when they grow big and noticeable people think that you have a serious problem, pisses me off. Especially when you meet a new girl, or you are at the beach, somehow disturbing.
    The only way to get rid of them is operation. I do not know any medication for it. If anyone knows any other way, let me hear.

Thread Information