bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member

minoxidil question

Hey guys, I'm 24 and am highly considering using minoxidil 5%. I've been gradually balding (both receding hairline and the top of my head) since the age of 22. It became pretty apparent last year around this time, and has gotten worse. I've used tea tree shampoo, and to some degree it worked, but then it just stopped working. I'm now using Nioxin shampoo, Nioxin conditioner, and a Nioxin scalp treatment. I have only been using it for a week, but it appears to not be helping.

My question is does anyone regret using minoxidil? I know that I will have to continue to use it to keep any new grown hair. MPB runs on both sides of my family, so I really got the double whammy!!

tonyd is offline Junior Member
    Well,
    Personally, I have used mino 5% for only a few months. I wasnt consistant enough. You know that you will have to apply it once or twice a day and once you stop, back to square one !
    I've opted for Propecia instead...just more convinient. Well, of course, there is some risk associated with it but I havent had any side effects from it (loss of libido, ect...).

My friend is on minoxydil 5% and he has been consistant. It's definitely noticable that it works. More density ! As far as I know, he doesnt regret it.

I would recommend you get a shampoo such as Nizoral 1% to use twice a week.

Now, let's be objective in regards to using minoxidil or any other hair loss treatment, you wont see results immediatly ! Quite the opposite indeed ! At first, you will lose more hair (personal experience). Apparently, it's because all the weak hair will fall to be replaced by stronger, healthier hair so you gotta keep your treatment for at least 3 months before noticing any real changes.

trike is offline New Member
    I don't think minoxidil works for receding hair lines, only the crown of your head.

Thread Information