BrownBomber is offline Member

Burning In The Tanning Bed

Im new to this whole tanning thing. I have a few questions if you don't mind..

1) Do you apply any sort of product on your body before you tan? If so, what is the best thing to get.

2) Do you come out of the salon tan or does it take time for the Tan to set in???? Dumb questions I know

3) Do you always get red/burned when you tan?

Thanks
    BB

skinnyman14 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber

1) Do you apply any sort of product on your body before you tan? If so, what is the best thing to get.

2) Do you come out of the salon tan or does it take time for the Tan to set in???? Dumb questions I know

Thanks
    BB

You can apply indoor tanning product, which they should sell right at the salon you go to. They can accelerate the tan. I use a product called Chocolate Silk.

When you come out of the salon, depending on how long you were in for you should have some color...I am pale and usually have a red glow my first few visits. Its just like when you leave the beach your tan comes out later that night or the next day. How tan you get depends on your skin.

Hope that helps bro!

flexshack is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownBomber

Thanks
    BB
    1) you can buy stuff from the salon, but it is usually very costly.

2) yes, it can take up to a day to see the full results on some people.

3) to some degree yes. to what degree depends on how tan you already are, how long you tan per session, how photosensitive your skin is, and what kind of tanning machine you choose. some salons offer different kinds of tanning beds. the more expensive ones are usually better meaning less burn deeper darker tanning. (it has to do with the kinds of uv rays wavelengths i believe ie.: uva vs uvb rays.)

vanyel5 is offline Junior Member
    (1) definitely, to get the best tan results you need a product that is designed to be used in the bed so as not to ruin the acrylic, that's why any old suntan lotion won't do(at least that's what i understand) the tanning products can get pricey, but i would think even the cheap stuff i've seen at walmart would work, you may not get a product with all the latest streamlined ingredients, but for moisturizing the skin so that it will better absorb the rays, you'll be okay...if you want to use a name brand product check out http://tanshop.com/ their prices are pretty good...i've used them before and they seem reliable

(2) it does take a little time for the skin to turn brown, though you may see some slight color when you come out...that's why i don't like to tan naked, you can't chart your progress, so to speak, if you don't have a line somewhere to compare it to.. but you may or may not see some color when you leave the salon for the first time...if nothing else you will notice your skin has a really nice 'glow' and looks healthy...it really is an individual thing

(3) whether or not people do burn or turn red, the answer i have for you is..if you are turning red/burning, then you are doing too many minutes, or extending your time too quickly. for tanning beds, when i mention burning, i am talking about that red color followed by tight, strangely itchy skin...burning in a bed is different from burning in the sun....but it's still overexposure, follow the tanning salon's advice for timing and increasing increments, you won't get as dark as you want in a session or two (unless you start with darker skin, like mediterranean or olive complexions) but you'll save a lot of uncomfortable skin ...and they are usually trained to help you get the best tan as fast as you can with little to no side effects

alevok Guest
    I posted a thread while ago, check it out, you may find useful tips

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=88343

Thread Information