Jjdigs74 is offline Member

Hair Hair Hair-Test

Ive been cycling TEST off and on for about 3 years now. I have a receading hair line that iv always had and never really been a problem. I have always had nice hair! Last week i noticed my hair falling out so rapidly i can see inbetween my hair and into my scalp. I mean it seemed to have happened over night??? My hair is just very thin and does not look healthy. My receading hair line hasd gotten alittle worse but nothing bad. Its that thickness of my hair and the lose of hair on my head thats worrying me. I need help or suggestions to turn this around. Can i turn this around and get my hair back???? help

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    The big three. Start asap, will take a good 6 months to see results and maybe even a year and a half to see the full potential.

Minoxidil(rogaine) 5% twice per day
    Propecia/Proscar 1 or 1.25 mg daily pill or you can find it at liquid research companies
    Nizoral Shampoo 1 or 2%

All of those have proven studies that they work. They all work in different ways so when used together the results are cumulative.

Rogaine will cause a shed of hair the first two months but this is normal and actually means you will see results. Many people quit after the first month or two becuase they see the shed.. This is unfortuanate because by month 4 or 5 you really see a great improvement. I would gues that 85% of people will see cosmetically acceptable results from that treatment. It will most likely not help your hairline. In most cases once the hairline moves back you can not bring it back from bare skin. It will thicken things up from your current hair line back and keep you from losing any more. That is if you are part of the 85% that will respond well to that combination. Worked great for me.

sp9
    I also take some other supplements that may or may not help.

Grape Seed Extract 100mg daily
    Green Tea Capsule daily
    MSM tablet 1000mg daily

If anything Grape Seed and Green tea do contain proven anti-oxidants and MSM is shown to make hair grow at a faster rate and is also used for joint pain.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...25,793,00.html
    http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...,10032,00.html
    http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...25,807,00.html

Thank you I appreciate your fast response to a very serious situation. I will try all of your suggestions ASAP. I am wondering how much all of that costs and where i would find it? Is it OTC or do i need a dermo to perscribe it to me? When you say a shed of hair, do you mean that i will lose a dramatic amount of hair? As to the amount( $ ) of these products could you tell me what a 6 or 7 month supply would cost me? Also, lets say after 7 or 8 months i see results and my hair comes back, would i need to continue use or could i just stop cold turkey and keep my results? Thanks so much in advance.

Jj

sp9
    1) Proscar 5mg tabs - Should cost you about $30 per month or $1. per day. Split into 4 pieces and take 1 piece per day. Will save tons of cash over buying propecia which is the same drug, finasteride. You will need a script from your doctor or you can get one online.

2) Minoxidil 5% - you can find generics at warehouse clubs like sams or costco for about $29.00 for 3 bottles. A bottle will last about a month. About 33 cents per day

3) Nizoral 1% is about $15.00 for a 7oz bottle. you can get them at any drug store. About 20 cents per day.

Here is some info on shedding. All I will say is that it is a good thing. Normally you have so many hairs on your head that are in the part of the hair cycle where a new hair below the surface pushes out an old hair (beginning of the growth phase). Minoxidil and proscar will cause more hair follicles that are in the resting phase to enter the growth phase so you will have more new hairs under the scalp than normal pushing out old hairs that are still in the shaft but detached from the follicle. Do some searches on the web for hair cycle to learn more, also look at this: http://www.minoxidil.com/Shedding.htm

These treatments have to be continued or you will lose all your hair that you got from them and return to your progression of male pattern baldness. That part sucks but really the only things we have now are to try to wait until something better come along in a few years.

The worst part of the whole regimine is the minoxidil. It took me a while to get used to but it is key. It takes the results to the next level. It is a pain because you have to put it on twice a day, it takes a while to dry and just takes time to get into the habit, but it is well worth it. About 7% of people have skin irritation from store bought minoxidil. This is usually caused by a reaction to PPG. Store bought minoxidil is 50% PPG. I was one of the 7%, I swithced to Dr. Lee's minoxidil at www.minoxidil.com. He has a formula that is only 30% PPG and dries faster. It worked better for me but is a little more expensive. Try the store brands first. If you have any irritation (scalp is red) then try other alternatives.
    Last edited by scottp999; 04-08-2004 at 09:19 PM.

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    1) Proscar 5mg tabs - Should cost you about $30 per month or $1. per day. Split into 4 pieces and take 1 piece per day. Will save tons of cash over buying propecia which is the same drug, finasteride. You will need a script from your doctor or you can get one online.

2) Minoxidil 5% - you can find generics at warehouse clubs like sams or costco for about $29.00 for 3 bottles. A bottle will last about a month. About 33 cents per day

3) Nizoral 1% is about $15.00 for a 7oz bottle. you can get them at any drug store. About 20 cents per day.

Here is some info on shedding. All I will say is that it is a good thing. Normally you have so many hairs on your head that are in the part of the hair cycle where a new hair below the surface pushes out an old hair (beginning of the growth phase). Minoxidil and proscar will cause more hair follicles that are in the resting phase to enter the growth phase so you will have more new hairs under the scalp than normal pushing out old hairs that are still in the shaft but detached from the follicle. Do some searches on the web for hair cycle to learn more, also look at this: http://www.minoxidil.com/Shedding.htm

These treatments have to be continued or you will lose all your hair that you got from them and return to your progression of male pattern baldness. That part sucks but really the only things we have now are to try to wait until something better come along in a few years.

The worst part of the whole regimine is the minoxidil. It took me a while to get used to but it is key. It takes the results to the next level. It is a pain because you have to put it on twice a day, it takes a while to dry and just takes time to get into the habit, but it is well worth it. About 7% of people have skin irritation from store bought minoxidil. This is usually caused by a reaction to PPG. Store bought minoxidil is 50% PPG. I was one of the 7%, I swithced to Dr. Lee's minoxidil at www.minoxidil.com. He has a formula that is only 30% PPG and dries faster. It worked better for me but is a little more expensive. Try the store brands first. If you have any irritation (scalp is red) then try other alternatives.
    This is spot on fantastic advice.

Thank you.... You have been a big help

sp9
    One last bit of information on shedding - http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newslett...rticle&sid=220

Thread Information