chinups Guest

ephedrine & Guaifenesin

No good? I heard some ppl say you don't want Guaifenesin in it. True?

prolangtum is offline Senior Member
    simple answer....no its not true

playa4933 is offline Associate Member
    yeah ive heard that too. I think people just say that becuase meth.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I heard it was because of how much dehydration it causes. Apparrently when mixed with caffeine it it really very bad for hydration. I am going from memory here but I know at least one vet made a very informative post on this maybe a year or so ago.

Do a google search and look up side effects, dehydration is not one of them. Alls it does is thin the mucus. Side effects are headaches, upset stomach, and vomiting, and thatis for an overdose. Besides, good luck finding a large quanity of pure ephedrine HCL in the US

sp9
    Quote Originally Posted by prolangtum
    Do a google search and look up side effects, dehydration is not one of them. Alls it does is thin the mucus. Side effects are headaches, upset stomach, and vomiting, and thatis for an overdose. Besides, good luck finding a large quanity of pure ephedrine HCL in the US
    Your right but I remember one vet here saying something bad about it.....Ahh macrophage69alpha, I can't find his detail post because it was probably more than 500 posts ago which is the search limit. Basically he said something about a study and how it is a muscle relaxant and for strength athletes it can lead to more tears, etc. Here is one of his posts I could find, so you know I am not making this stuff up. I wish I would have book marked the detailed post. You might want to PM him to get his full opinion.

http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?...ht=Guaifenesin

sp9

sp9
    Pharmacology - While the exact mechanism of action for the muscle relaxant effects are not known, it is believed that guaifenesin acts centrally by depressing or blocking nerve impulse transmission at the internuncial neuron level of the subcortical areas of the brain, brainstem and spinal cord. It relaxes both the laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles, thus allowing easier intubation. Guaifenesin also has mild intrinsic analgesic and sedative qualities.

Guaifenesin causes an excitement-free induction and recovery from anesthesia in horses. It produces relaxation of skeletal muscles, but does not affect diaphragmatic function and has little, if any, effects on respiratory function at usual doses. Possible effects on the cardiovascular system include transient mild decreases in blood pressure and increases in cardiac rate. Gastrointestinal motility may be increased, but generally no adversity is seen with this.

Guaifenesin potentiates the activity of preanesthetic and anesthetic agents.

http://www.elephantcare.org/Drugs/guaifen.htm

mx747 is offline Associate Member
    Quafiesin is an expectorant. (helps loosen mucose and phlegm)
    your doc has probably prescribed it for you along wih anti bio's
    when ever you get sick. Ive noticed my throat and nasal passages
    get a little dry when i use it but thats all.

mx747 is offline Associate Member
    I didnt spell that right but o whell.

I think part of the reason he downs it is because he is trying to sell an "eohderine" Alternative. I have never heard of anyone having problems with muscles tears, etc. Seems like BS hype to me. IF you scared of it, then dont take it, but I think it is over worrying. I would be more worried about the adverse affects of ephedrine than guaf$%#$#@

sp9
    That's cool. I was just trying to present all info available. I personally have a closet full of vasopro.

chinups Guest
    I just wanted to know if I take 25mg of epehdrine/200mg caffeine/325 aspirin will it be ok if it has a bit of Guaifenesin in the mix. I seem to be losing BF with it.

lower the aspirin way way down. Divide that pill into 1/4, or buy 81mg aspirin.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont know if its true but I have heard its bad for the prostata. I also notice a difference. When I take ephedra with that crap I have troubble taking a leak. When I run herbal ephedra at MUCH higher dosages I never get the problem.

The trouble taking a leak is from the ephedrine itself.

chinups Guest
    Lower the aspirin?? I didn't realize that...

The trouble taking a leak is from the ephedrine itself.
    re read my post bro. Ephedrin with Guaifenesin gives me problems straight away. Ephedrin without it gives me NO problem even at MUCH higher dosages

I read it. The reason is because Epedrine HCL is much stronger than herbal ephedra. Lots of people have problems with ephedra and ephedrine regarding prostate problems as well as urination. To see for yourself, go buy a bottle of Cough syrup that has just Guaifenesin in it. Take 2-3 servings 2-3 times a day. I guarntee you will have zero urintating problems.

Heres from a site about side affects:

CAUTIONS:

Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are contraindicated in the same conditions as caffeine (see above), and also should not be consumed by persons taking MAO inhibitors (prescription blood pressure drugs or antidepressants such as Marplan® Nardil® and Parnate®). Additionally, the use of Ephedra alkaloids is contraindicated in persons with diabetes or thyroid trouble or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate gland.

I read it. The reason is because Epedrine HCL is much stronger than herbal ephedra. Lots of people have problems with ephedra and ephedrine regarding prostate problems as well as urination. To see for yourself, go buy a bottle of Cough syrup that has just Guaifenesin in it. Take 2-3 servings 2-3 times a day. I guarntee you will have zero urintating problems.

Heres from a site about side affects:

CAUTIONS:

Ephedrine and pseudoephedrine are contraindicated in the same conditions as caffeine (see above), and also should not be consumed by persons taking MAO inhibitors (prescription blood pressure drugs or antidepressants such as Marplan® Nardil® and Parnate®). Additionally, the use of Ephedra alkaloids is contraindicated in persons with diabetes or thyroid trouble or difficulty in urination due to enlarged prostate gland.
    Well belive me when I say I took more of the herbal even if compearing to hcl. I was eating 2 900mg ephedra silica(10%ephedrin) caps sometimes and I got speeded almost like when snorting a line or 2 of meth.
    But I never got even a tenth of that effect from the hcl tabs I took(20mg/tab I never took more then 2). So realy Im not bull****ting. Either the herbal ephedra has other substances in it that boost the effect or my body is realy wierd. the hcl I feelt nothing of except the prostata problems, no real energy boost or speeded feeling. But the herbal is awsome without any short term sides.

Maby the explanation can be seen elsewhere if the Guaifenesin cant be blamed. But the ephedra tabs where pure pharmacutical grade ephedra. Still not near as powerfull as the herbal but with plenty more sid effects.

I hope I dont sound like a dick lol. Not doubting your knoweledge. I for sure dont know anything about Guaifenesin and not to much about ephedra either. Thats just what happened to me and on another forum they said the Guaifenesin might be to blame and I never researched that more.

Any ideas what can have caused the problem Cause if it was just the ephedrin then I for sure would have gotten it from the herbal to considering the ammounts I was taking. Is there any real difference in herbal ephedra and ephedrin hcl except that the hcl is pure close to 100% ephedrin? Is the active substance exactly the same

Im really not sure why you have experienced this. Guafenisin should not affect you in this way at all.

is it possible that the herbal ephedra has some substance in it that is beneficial to the prostata? The rest of the 90% in the ephedra silica must contain some interesting things I dont know how well researched that plant and all its alkaloids is.

I guess its a possibility. If you can still find herbal ephedra, in your case, I would stick with it.

Thread Information